PDA

View Full Version : Potato milk anyone?

Louise
8th February 2022, 12:33
Have you seen the new type of milk set to hit the supermarkets? Potato milk!

It is set to become a best seller, recent media suggests that alternative milk is now worth a whopping £400m a year, with oat milk being the current No. 1 option in the UK.

My advice to anyone rushing to buy this new fad, is be warned, read the label, one of the brands contains pea and rapeseed!

Polly
8th February 2022, 17:52
It really doesn’t appeal to me, even if it was just potato, but the added rapeseed finalises my lack of appeal.

Holley
8th February 2022, 18:33
Surely there must be sugar in that, I can’t believe it’s naturally sweet.

Tom32
8th February 2022, 18:35
Surely there must be sugar in that, I can’t believe it’s naturally sweet.

Here’s the ingredients :

Ingredients:
DUG BARISTA INGREDIENTS: Water, Potato (9 %), Rapeseed Oil, Maltodextrin, Pea Protein, Chicory (Vegetable) Fibre, Fructose, Sucrose, Acidity Regulator (Di-and Mono-Sodium Phosphate), Calcium Carbonate, Emulsifier (Sunflower Lecithin), Natural Flavour, Vitamins (D, Riboflavin, B12, Folic Acid). DUG UNSWEETENED INGREDIENTS: Water, Potato (9 %), Rapeseed Oil, Pea Protein, Acidity Regulator (Di-and Mono-Sodium Phosphate), Calcium Carbonate, Emulsifier (Sunflower Lecithin), Natural Flavour, Vitamins (D, Riboflavin, B12, Folic Acid). DUG ORIGINAL INGREDIENTS: Water, Potato (6 %), Maltodextrin, Pea Protein, Chicory (Vegetable) Fibre, Rapeseed Oil, Fructose, Sucrose, Acidity Regulator (Di-and Mono-Sodium Phosphate), Calcium Carbonate, Emulsifier (Sunflower Lecithin), Natural Flavour, Vitamins (D, Riboflavin, B12, Folic Acid).

Kellee
10th February 2022, 17:42
Here’s the ingredients :

Ingredients:
DUG BARISTA INGREDIENTS: Water, Potato (9 %), Rapeseed Oil, Maltodextrin, Pea Protein, Chicory (Vegetable) Fibre, Fructose, Sucrose, Acidity Regulator (Di-and Mono-Sodium Phosphate), Calcium Carbonate, Emulsifier (Sunflower Lecithin), Natural Flavour, Vitamins (D, Riboflavin, B12, Folic Acid). DUG UNSWEETENED INGREDIENTS: Water, Potato (9 %), Rapeseed Oil, Pea Protein, Acidity Regulator (Di-and Mono-Sodium Phosphate), Calcium Carbonate, Emulsifier (Sunflower Lecithin), Natural Flavour, Vitamins (D, Riboflavin, B12, Folic Acid). DUG ORIGINAL INGREDIENTS: Water, Potato (6 %), Maltodextrin, Pea Protein, Chicory (Vegetable) Fibre, Rapeseed Oil, Fructose, Sucrose, Acidity Regulator (Di-and Mono-Sodium Phosphate), Calcium Carbonate, Emulsifier (Sunflower Lecithin), Natural Flavour, Vitamins (D, Riboflavin, B12, Folic Acid).

There is nothing natural about this product, yet there will be many that flock to buy it thinking it’s healthy because it’s made from plants. Rapeseed oil, fructose, sucrose :doh