PDA

View Full Version : Food shortages

Tom32
3rd February 2022, 16:00
We are seeing more and more reports about the global food shortages, shelves empty and the cost of food climbing steeply, what does this mean for the health of the nations and will it ultimately lead to a good outcome?

Daisy82
4th February 2022, 16:03
I haven't seen any food shortages in our supermarkets, although I have seen the pictures in the media showing empty shelves. do you really think its a thing, or just a media hype?

Amie
6th February 2022, 09:12
I have seen reports of empty shelves, but my own stores are well stocked. A lot of the shortages have been down to supply issues due to workers off with Covid, or self isolating.

Carol78
8th February 2022, 09:21
In the UK I’m not sure there is a concern for food shortage, rather a concern of the prices of food, prices are being added at an extortionate rate and as we well know companies will add a little extra on under the guise of a National crises never to return back to the original price expect during the deals or sales.

Louise
8th February 2022, 13:27
I mainly cook from scratch, and consume very little processed foods where possible. I have been aware of the increasing risk of food shortages or rising prices and have therefore actively increasing my storage of dried goods, grains and flours to ensure if the absolute worse came to the worse, I could make bread, or have rice and pulses to eat.

I have to admit, I would be stumped on the bread situation if we lost electricity as well :doh

Amie
28th December 2023, 15:18
The press constantly goes on about food shortages, I really don’t see any shortages at Christmas time. I think we have momentary shortage's of some foods pending the climate in other countries

Pansy
29th December 2023, 17:33
There’s always food shortages in my house, even when I’ve just been shopping and the fridge is fully stocked… there’s nothing to eat! :doh