PDA

View Full Version : Vaccine rollout

Teal
11th November 2020, 12:30
I work in nursing homes and it has been reported that I, along with the residents would be amongst the first to get the vaccine. I’m not sure how I feel about having it.

So far there hasn’t been any mention about what the options are for those that refuse and what limitations will be put on them. I did hear that if there are limitations to not having it, or incentives to having it then that comes under the term coercion.

Surely the government would have considered this! :ne_nau:

Niamh
11th November 2020, 12:54
Why are you not sure about having it?

Francis
22nd November 2020, 13:00
I have to admit, I’m not sure about the vaccine, it seems very rushed and they certainly can’t have looked at the long term implication of this vaccine on health.

Pansy
22nd November 2020, 13:23
It looks like it’s going to be a mass roll out, personally, while given the freedom to choose not to have it, I would prefer not to. But if what is being reported in the media, these ‘freedom passes’ become a reality, then I will take the vaccine just to get some sense of normality.

I’m really fed up now!

Louise
22nd November 2020, 14:06
There is suggestion that a mass rollout won’t really occur until spring/summer 2021 which is a better prospect than a hurried one for winter 2020, given that this is a new type of vaccine in terms of how it interacts within the Body. I believe the mRNA type is new type and has never been used before.

A delay in mass vaccination will certainly allow breathing space and time for evaluation.

Cheryl
22nd November 2020, 18:42
I have to admit, I’m not sure about the vaccine, it seems very rushed and they certainly can’t have looked at the long term implication of this vaccine on health.

I agree with you Francis, I really don’t think you should have a vaccine that has not had a large enough clinical trial and there are no long term studies of possible side effects. But would you get the sack of you did not have it?

Jasmine
25th November 2020, 18:57
I have seen that you won’t be allowed to travel out of the country if you haven’t had the vaccine which in my opinion is dictatorship :disgust: