PDA

View Full Version : Poor sleep

Alf
17th September 2020, 05:33
Just lately my sleep has been quite poor, I seem to sleep very lightly, and wake early. But I don’t wake feeling refreshed, I feel exhausted and weary all day.

I don’t want to take sleeping tablets, any recommendations to promote good quality sleep. Just so you know, I don’t sleep during the day, I go to bed about 10.30 every night, I don’t drink coffee or any stimulant after 12 midday.

Chanel5
17th September 2020, 17:48
I take an antihistamine at night which has a slight sedative effect but I have read that eating a banana before bed can promote a good nights sleep.

Mary03
17th September 2020, 18:02
A warm milky drink before bed is always good but also a routine where you wind down. I always have a warm bath and read a book and I find if I go out of my routine I don’t sleep well at all.

Joy
17th September 2020, 18:17
Also, this might sound a bit strange, but a spoonful of honey can help too, even better, add it to some warm milk. A fresh banana wizzed into warm milk is also an excellent choice, the banana is known to help relax the brain.

Monty
20th September 2020, 13:47
I have a spray bottle with 10ml of lavender essential oil mixed with water. I spray my pillow before I go to bed and it really helps me sleep.

Cheryl
22nd September 2020, 06:36
I have a spray bottle with 10ml of lavender essential oil mixed with water. I spray my pillow before I go to bed and it really helps me sleep.

Top tip and a lavender candle or wax melt burned in your bedroom an hour before you go to bed has a calming and sedative effect

Indigo
6th October 2020, 10:55
If you sleep on quite a full tummy, it can lead to an unsettled night, because your body is trying to break down the food you have eaten, also it is trying to use that food as energy, an energy you are not using. So, it might be worth trying to eat an hour earlier and see if this affects your sleep.

Melanie
6th October 2020, 18:17
I try not to eat to close to bedtime, you are right Indigo you end up with acid indigestion half the night!

Alice
13th October 2020, 16:10
I find if I break from my routine at bed time I really struggle to sleep. It’s like I’m wired up to go to sleep at a certain time and if it goes past that time I’m awake half the night!

Colette
23rd October 2020, 16:26
Cheese is known to make you sleepy, maybe a chunk of cheese will help to promote sleep.

Amie
24th October 2020, 11:41
Have you tried a night-cap? A tot of whiskey or port? These can often help to relax you, worth a try.