PDA

View Full Version : House bound

Polly
8th September 2020, 19:43
Is anyone else feeling more and more house bound through choice? I’m not a hermit, but I do suffer from anxiety and I’m finding in these current Covid times, I really don’t want to integrate with the population.

This isn’t out of fear of catching Covid, but because I find the lockdown/control antics too stressful and they make my anxiety worse.

Any suggestions?

Kellee
9th September 2020, 14:38
I can’t say I’m house bound, but I do have to admit, I do not leave the house for pleasure now. I go to the shops to get what I want, then leave. No more mooching for me, it is just too stressful!

Yogi001
9th September 2020, 18:00
It is strange how such a restriction has had an effect on people’s psyche. I know many people of all ages, men and women that feel the same. I think in the long term we will have a huge mental health problem to have to deal with.

Daisy
11th September 2020, 18:54
Any suggestions?

I understand what you feel, when I go out, I go first thing in the morning, or later in the afternoon, when I know it will be less busy in the town. It means I get to go out, but in a nicer environment.

Ruthie
12th September 2020, 09:39
I agree with Daisy, pick your moments to go out and avoid the busiest times. I hate queueing to get in the supermarket and wearing a mask so I go early evening to avoid the extra people around me.

Noella
15th September 2020, 20:59
Maybe just venture out to quiet areas, small cafes off the beaten track, it will re-build your confidence and make you feel less stressed.

Honey
16th September 2020, 18:09
Try to go for a walk in your local area, not too far from your house.

Carolyn6
19th October 2020, 16:25
I can understand why you would become more housebound by choice as the more you stay indoors the more nervous you are going out. I think you need to gently push yourself out of your comfort zone.

Colette
23rd October 2020, 16:30
I understand why you feel the way you do, but I’m not sure it is healthy to cut yourself from society, It is important to keep that connection, after all, humans are naturally sociable creatures and actually we live longer when we have a community in which we are an active member.

Francis
24th October 2020, 16:19
just walk around, sit on a park bench and just watch the world pass you by. This will not put any stress on you and help you to reintegrate with society.

Monty
27th October 2020, 14:00
I find I am more inclined to stay indoors during the winter and only emerge when the sun shines and the weather is warmer