PDA

View Full Version : Diabetics - soups and shakes

Tanya
1st September 2020, 06:13
Why are diabetics being encouraged to consume soups and diet shakes to help them lose weight and control their diet?

Changing your diet has been proven to reverse type 2 diabetes, But I am not convinced that encouraging people to consume diet shakes is the long term answer.

This type of diet does not educate people on healthy eating, nutrition and healthy choices.

You can prevent most cases of diabetes by keeping within a healthy BMI range! This is what we should be teaching.

SuzyQ
1st September 2020, 09:32
I saw this today and think it is a recipe for disaster (pardon the pun!) it will lead to unhealthy eating habits and possible eating disorders!

Shelley
1st September 2020, 09:47
So they are putting you on a liquid diet? How many of these diets are successful? From my own experience I do it for a month and then back to eating normally and the weight goes back on. Also they are very expensive so how is a poor person supposed to manage their diabetes?

Honor265
2nd September 2020, 19:07
I was baffled by this when I saw it on the news, how to develop poor eating habits and personally I think diabetes sufferers will return to their former eating habits through dietary boredom!

Alf
4th September 2020, 14:04
Didn’t they try and do this before about two years ago? I don’t understand Why real food is not recommended, it is more likely to satisfy the person and re-educate their palate.

Tom32
15th September 2020, 16:23
Didn’t they try and do this before about two years ago? I don’t understand Why real food is not recommended, it is more likely to satisfy the person and re-educate their palate.

It was mentioned once before, and clearly made no impact. People need to be re-educated about food and how it affects us.

Meghan
16th September 2020, 18:33
I think this is a crazy idea as it is well documented that a diet of shakes just isn’t sustained over a long term. A proper balanced and nutritional diet plan is what is needed to change your diabetes.