PDA

View Full Version : Titanium Dioxide free foundation

Jayne
28th August 2020, 14:17
I can only find 2 brands that sell titanium dioxide free foundation so wondered if anyone knew a natural substitute. I am too old and now pale to go without altogether but TD is said to be contributing towards my alopecia.:pullface:

Alice
29th August 2020, 10:06
What on Earth is titanium dioxide?

Charlotte
30th August 2020, 16:13
I can only find 2 brands that sell titanium dioxide free foundation so wondered if anyone knew a natural substitute. I am too old and now pale to go without altogether but TD is said to be contributing towards my alopecia.:pullface:

I haven’t gone a day without foundation on my face for over 30 years and I am always told I look really young for my age and I certainly haven’t lost my hair so I wouldn’t be worrying about wearing foundation, it’s perfectly safe and my top anti aging tip as my friends that have not worn it look a hell of a lot older than me!

Jayne
30th August 2020, 17:02
It’s found in most cosmetics and toiletries and anything they want to make appear whiter - toothpaste for instance. It also coded CI77891

Jayne
30th August 2020, 17:04
Interesting. Sorry it’s fact from dermatologist - along with a few other things. And the recommendation of a API DIET

Rebecca
5th September 2020, 05:07
Which companies have you looked at?

This company states they don’t use TD https://englishmineralmakeup.co.uk/face

https://www.gloworganicbrighton.co.uk/collections/makeup-1

https://www.etsy.com/uk/market/titanium_free_makeup

Rebecca
5th September 2020, 05:12
Etsy seem to do a good range, from multiple companies, it may be a good place to start. I didn’t realise the damaging affects from TD, I hope you find a product that suits you.

Niamh
5th September 2020, 05:31
I haven’t gone a day without foundation on my face for over 30 years and I am always told I look really young for my age and I certainly haven’t lost my hair so I wouldn’t be worrying about wearing foundation, it’s perfectly safe and my top anti aging tip as my friends that have not worn it look a hell of a lot older than me!

Do you suffer from any bowel problems, bloating, digestive issues? You may want to think again about saying your make-up is ‘perfectly safe’

https://youtu.be/KSmHiAWWUPo

Niamh
5th September 2020, 05:32
Etsy seem to do a good range, from multiple companies, it may be a good place to start. I didn’t realise the damaging affects from TD, I hope you find a product that suits you.

You’re right, they have a whole range of TD free products

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/MamaGoingNatural?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Search_UK_DSA_GGL_Categories_Bath-Beauty_New&utm_ag=Makeup&utm_custom1=_k_Cj0KCQjwy8f6BRC7ARIsAPIXOjhMnycJTiR n45LzI9RJr5mGAbSTvTiOuhzcX1ZJdzvoGgXppWCZfCEaAi00E ALw_wcB_k_&utm_content=go_10026060848_97800142021_43470054804 3_dsa-21798899280_c_&utm_custom2=10026060848&gclid=Cj0KCQjwy8f6BRC7ARIsAPIXOjhMnycJTiRn45LzI9RJ r5mGAbSTvTiOuhzcX1ZJdzvoGgXppWCZfCEaAi00EALw_wcB

Niamh
5th September 2020, 05:33

Have you changed your toothpaste too?

Claire
6th September 2020, 06:46
It’s found in most cosmetics and toiletries and anything they want to make appear whiter - toothpaste for instance. It also coded CI77891

I never knew about this, but after reading your post, I have been quite surprised by how many products contain Titanium Dioxide, it’s shocking. It seems they may be a strong link to to irritable bowel disorders too. Thanks for raising this issue.

Out of curiosity have you done a heavy metal detox to try and help your body eliminate any traces of heavy metals that may remain in your body? as these can be notorious to rid.

Louise
8th September 2020, 14:25
toothpaste for instance. It also coded CI77891

Thanks for raising this Jayne, I didn't know of the issues with this ingredient, I have rushed to look at my toothpaste and I think I'm fairly safe with that, unless it goes by some other name!:doh

Beccy
10th September 2020, 06:06
I’m guessing that some people can use products that contain TD and have no adverse problems, when I’ve looked at my products, I’ve noticed that many contain TD, I am not aware of any health problems.

Wendy
13th September 2020, 15:51
I read that when TD is used in lotion and creams the exposure is minimal. However, when it is powered form, with the potential for it to be inhaled, it is classed as a carcinogen. It is recommended not to use pressed and loose powders containing TD! :ykies

Staci
17th September 2020, 06:15
Interesting thread, I never knew about the harmful chemicals, but since reading this, I have looked at my new shampoo, for lifting my coloured hair, and noticed that TD is in the shampoo. What I’ve also noticed is that my skin has broken out with dry patches, almost like eczema since I’ve been using the shampoo.

Which has now been binned! Thank you for highlighting this ingredient.

Jackie361
17th September 2020, 17:52
I read that titanium dioxide is found in sun cream so you protect your skin against cancer by applying the cream but the cream is dangerous too!

Monty
22nd September 2020, 06:34
Have you changed your toothpaste too?

Is titanium dioxide in toothpaste?