PDA

View Full Version : Mandatory vaccination

Caree
24th August 2020, 06:13
I have read with some surprise that some states in America have suggested that people will be mandated to have the Covid-19 vaccine when it emerges.

I know that in many states in the US that children are not allowed to attend school or play group unless they have had all their vaccinations.
I believe Australia has also mooted this idea too.

What do you think about being made to have a vaccine? :ne_nau:

Honor265
24th August 2020, 10:40
I think it is against your human rights to be made to have a vaccine. Is there any other vaccine that is mandatory?

Judy202
24th August 2020, 11:44
I don’t think you should have to be vaccinated to be allowed to attend school the risk is not high enough

Westielover
24th August 2020, 13:05
In America they have got zero chance of making a vaccine mandatory, they riot and protest about everything!

Linette
25th August 2020, 05:39
In America they have got zero chance of making a vaccine mandatory, they riot and protest about everything!

It is already mandatory in America to have all your vaccines before you are permitted into school.

Linette
25th August 2020, 05:41
Australia has said they will not make it mandatory to have the vaccine, but they will make it hard not to have it, so for example they will restrict movement, entry and travel if you don’t have the vaccine, but they won’t insist you have it.

A sort of a forced ‘choice’ situation!

Katie
25th August 2020, 10:05
No, no, no this is outrageous you can’t make a vaccination mandatory :frown-new:

Wills42
30th August 2020, 10:19
I personally think you should make it mandatory because there was a big debate over the MMR vaccine with thousands of kids not having it and now the doctor who scared everyone has been struck off by the medical council and measles is on the rise again when it was virtually non existent

Yogi001
1st September 2020, 05:31
I personally think you should make it mandatory because there was a big debate over the MMR vaccine with thousands of kids not having it and now the doctor who scared everyone has been struck off by the medical council and measles is on the rise again when it was virtually non existent

But we know that more that 80% of those with Covid have no symptoms at all, about 10% have symptoms stay at home, 10% have symptoms and need to be in hospital, of those 10% 0.01% die of Covid and those are global statistics. Bare in mind that some countries have over estimated their death totals, so that number may be even lower globally.

So given those numbers, why would you give a vaccine to 100% of the population for a virus that actually causes a problem in so few?

Janice
1st September 2020, 06:32
I have read that there is an idea to roll out the Covid vaccine and the flu vaccine at the same time. What affect will this have on the body? Surely it is way too much for the body to cope with as a joint shot!

Louise
1st September 2020, 06:42
There seems to be a real misconception about vaccines. Obviously I can not speak about the Covid-19 vaccine, as this is currently an unknown. But, if it is anything like the other annual vaccines then it will not stop people getting Covid-19, it will just lesson the impact of symptoms and this is only in 40-70% of cases depending on age etc

I get annoyed when I hear the ‘push’ to have the flu vaccine to ‘protect others’, how and why will you getting the vaccine protect others? It won’t stop you getting flu, or spreading it, that’s why it is not given to everyone. It is only given to those people likely to suffer severe symptoms.

So how will this vaccine be any different? and why undertake mass vaccination when there is a massive percentage of the population that do not have any symptoms at all :ne_nau:

Louise
1st September 2020, 06:45
No, no, no this is outrageous you can’t make a vaccination mandatory :frown-new:

I think they will struggle to make it mandatory in this country, but that is not to say they can encourage people to get it, by restricting people’s movement if they don’t have it.

Linon
12th September 2020, 06:29
I was watching a Netflix documentary about the next pandemic, this film was made/released in November 2019. Bill Gates was in the film and he said that it takes about 5 years to successfully develop a vaccine. He went on to say that a new way of making a vaccine could reduce that time to around 16 weeks! But he also stated that we were way off from that!

Meghan
24th September 2020, 19:25
I think as cases are on the rise again people will be only to pleased to get vaccinated.

Louise
25th September 2020, 10:33
I think as cases are on the rise again people will be only to pleased to get vaccinated.

I think you are right, there will be a big demand for it, and this is certainly being played out with the winter flu vaccine at the moment. I see that Boots have halted their offer of the flu vaccine, due to demand!

Harry
2nd October 2020, 06:45
As we get nearer the roll out of the vaccine, there seems to be a new emphasis on making it mandatory, and this voice seems to be coming from some of the medical establishment. Certainly in America the view is that is should be made mandatory, with threats of unemployment, unable to access schooling, along with restrictions on travel and social freedom.

The suggestion that initially it should be optionally mandatory, and this will be persuaded by strong rhetoric such as....

A Yale University study conducted in July evaluated messaging strategies including guilt, economic benefit, trust in science, embarrassment, and community benefit to measure the effects on not only confidence in the vaccine itself but how willing the participants were to persuade others to take the shot – and how much they feared or looked down on those who had not received it. The results of that study have not been published.

Swiftly followed by it becoming mandatory, with strong threats and limited social freedoms to all those that don’t comply. I have to wonder what the agenda is in all of this? I am not one to believe that with everything there is a conspiracy, but it does seem extraordinary that a virus with a 80% (and higher) does not even show symptoms in people, with 10% having mild symptoms which are manageable at home, and the final 10% are hospitalised, with 1% ending up in critical care of which 0.05 - 0.1% die.
This virus has resulted in millions of people worldwide losing their jobs, access to healthcare, loss of businesses, global restrictions on movement, increases in suicide, increases in non Covid related deaths (due to lack of access to healthcare)
Yet laws have been brought in to curb our movements and our freedoms, fines are being handed out and potentially the enforcement of a vaccine- are we sure the figures stack up? Are we really looking at the whole picture and weighing up the costs? Surely when we consider anything for the populous we need to consider all the implications to the wider community. Hasn’t it always been the case that the few suffer for the benefit of the greater?

John B
6th October 2020, 12:36
Going off slightly here, but if everyone got vaccinated as they hope that would result in about 15 billion plastic syringes added to this planet, because the vaccine is said to be needed in two doses!

That is not including all the additional disposable equipment that goes along with making and giving injections!

Dylis
6th October 2020, 18:00
I think the idea of making it mandatory is very scary, especially when this is a vaccine unlike any other, this technology has never been used before and it is one that potentially interacts with our own DNA.

I certainly think caution should be given to this vaccine.

Sarah
7th October 2020, 05:32
As frieghtening as this thought is, it seems to be a likely reality very soon. In Australia it is now official that the freedom to travel outside of Australia in the future will be dependant on the need to have the vaccine. No doubt there will be other in-house restrictions for example attending school, college, university, gatherings etc

I am not sure what the agenda is with this, but it does seem that the numbers of those infected, with severe symptoms do seem to be a very small minority