PDA

View Full Version : Soy!

Rainbow
15th August 2020, 06:46
I’m confused by Soy, is it good for you or not? I keep reading that we should not eat/drink it because it is a hormone disruptor, but I also read that it can prevent breast cancer :doh

With so much conflicting information out there on foods, is it any wonder that people are so don confused about food!

Vera
15th August 2020, 07:08
I stay away from it, I’ve read bad things about it’s influence on hormones.

May26
15th August 2020, 12:37
There seems to be conflicting advice but this is what I found.

Soy, it turned out, contains estrogen-like compounds called isoflavones. And some findings suggested that these compounds could promote the growth of some cancer cells, impair female fertility, and mess with thyroid function.

Chanel5
15th August 2020, 15:01
Meat alternatives contain soy and I think anything that claims to be an alternative can’t be good for you

Noella
23rd August 2020, 19:33
There seems to be conflicting advice but this is what I found.

Soy, it turned out, contains estrogen-like compounds called isoflavones. And some findings suggested that these compounds could promote the growth of some cancer cells, impair female fertility, and mess with thyroid function.

Is anything safe these days?

Wills42
28th August 2020, 17:02
I think if you look into anything you can find something that may not be good for you

J-jay
27th September 2020, 18:31
I think natural Soy is good for you, it is just when it becomes processed it becomes a problem. Like most things!

Zoella
27th September 2020, 18:46
I thought soy was eco friendly but apparently not so I am feeling as confused as everyone else on this one :ambivalence: