PDA

View Full Version : Would you share your home with someone in need?

Chanel5
14th August 2020, 11:46
Would you share your home with a stranger that was in need? This is the discussion in the news today and as I am a woman on my own I would have to say no purely because I have heard so many stories of people being kind and taking people into their homes and they have been robbed or the home trashed.

Sadly we don’t hear of the many times there has been a positive outcome :ne_nau:

Judy202
14th August 2020, 13:16
It depends if they are male or female and I would need to know some sort of background. That being said it would be unfair to judge someone on their sex and past mistakes. I would give someone a home if I could afford to but not to a complete stranger of the street.

Jackie361
14th August 2020, 13:21
If it was a child then yes but sadly it’s a no from me taking in an adult, I just wouldn’t sleep at night with the worry they might hurt me, how awful is that?!:cower:

Geri
14th August 2020, 17:03
Hmmm, I would love to say yes, but I am ashamed to say no, I wouldn’t. It is a really good question and makes me reflect on my morals.

With further thought, a more truthful answer would be, it depends who and under what circumstances.

Lidia
14th August 2020, 17:31
If it was a friend of a friend, and needed a bed for a couple of nights then possibly yes!

Joolz
15th August 2020, 16:23
I would say yes to someone I know in some way but a complete stranger would be a definite no. How sad is that! :rolleyes: