PDA

View Full Version : Weaning off antidepressants

Dale42
12th August 2020, 12:43
Weaning off antidepressants can be quite hard nd I’ve herd many people say that it was worse than being depressed.

Does none have experience of this and can perhaps make some recommendations for vitamins, minerals, foods etc to help ease the process?

Exercise and fresh air of course are a given.

Geri
12th August 2020, 14:55
I’m guessing you are under the care of your GP!

I would be looking to looking to boost my serotonin, and make sure I have enough happy vitamins on board, bananas are a natural choice for this.

May26
12th August 2020, 15:11
I never understand why people want to wean themselves of anti depressants, you have a chemical imbalance that needs medication. If you had a bad heart you wouldn’t wean yourself off your heart medication.

Jade26
12th August 2020, 15:28
I think the doctors give them out as sweeties, how will you every know if you need something or not unless you try not needing them?

Drink plenty of water and help your cells to function at their best. Good luck.

Kat
12th August 2020, 15:31
Make sure you are taking quality multi vitamins and minerals.

Pansy
15th August 2020, 06:41
Try using herbs like rosemary and sage which are known to boost your mental state and clarity.

Westielover
15th August 2020, 15:15
I think it is a very gradual process under the care of your doctor but I would say give yourself some space and time to stay calm and look after yourself. If you can avoid stress and meditate you will feel better.

Pippa
11th October 2020, 07:29
Vitamin B complex in maximum doses will help you to come off the antidepressants, it seems to lesson the symptoms of the withdrawal, making you able to cope better with the transition.

Zoella
11th October 2020, 08:35
I am on anti depressants and I think of them as like a heart medication, you wouldn’t wean yourself off that if you had a bad heart so why would you consider weaning yourself off anti depressants when you have a broken mind?

Mary03
16th October 2020, 17:16
Most doctors will tell you there are no side effects to weaning off antidepressants but there are some terrible ones. I got brain zaps, vertigo, and suicidal thoughts. You need to get some professional help to wean yourself off them

Colette
23rd October 2020, 16:23
I red an article once about a GP who was put on antidepressants and then attempted to wean himself off them. He said it was the most awful thing and that He never was never told how these drugs would effect him.