PDA

View Full Version : A wellness wheel

AletheaRiggs
11th August 2020, 17:40
Did you know there is a wellness wheel? No, me neither, so I thought I’d share it and maybe you could see how well you are :o

Louise
11th August 2020, 18:07
Sadly, your image didn’t come out very well, but I think it’s a great concept, so I will break it down:

Emotional: Coping effectively with life and creating satisfying relationships.

Financial: Feeling satisfied with current and future financial situations

Social: Developing a sense of connection, belonging and support with others.

Spiritual: Discovering a sense of purpose and meaning in life.

Occupational: Finding personal satisfaction and enrichment in one’s work.

Physical: Acknowledging the importance of physical activity, nutrition and sleep.

Intellectual: Recognizing creative abilities and finding ways to expand knowledge and skills.

Environmental: Maintaining good health by occupying pleasant, stimulating environments that support wellbeing.

Louise
11th August 2020, 18:08
I wonder how many will look at this and see that they could make improvements in some areas.

Beccy
11th August 2020, 19:36
I wonder how many will look at this and see that they could make improvements in some areas.

I think I’ve got the whole wheel covered in the ‘could do better category’ :doh

Joolz
12th August 2020, 13:48
I’ve got some positives and some areas where I need to put in a little more effort! A great way of giving yourself a little health check

Chloe21
12th August 2020, 13:51
Oh heck I need to take a long hard look at myself and sort out some areas of my life, physical, occupational, intellectual and environmental :concern:

May26
12th August 2020, 15:07
This is a great way of checking on your own wellness, it makes you stop and do a quick check on each area of your life and make changes if you need to

Ben17
13th August 2020, 16:42
Checked my wellness wheel today and boy do I need to do some work :jb:

Pansy
15th August 2020, 06:40
I think the spiritual one is difficult for most people, there is a real disconnect and sense of wondering through life without a purpose.

SuzyQ
25th August 2020, 10:30

I have had a look and done just that, it’s a great way of making you stop and reflect on your life, love it :love_heart:

Sian
30th August 2020, 14:24
I should imagine people drop in and out of this wellness wheel on a daily basis, but I do think it’s a good tool to quickly reflect on your day, period in your life etc. It can help you focus on areas that are really bad.

Sian
30th August 2020, 14:25
I think the spiritual one is difficult for most people, there is a real disconnect and sense of wondering through life without a purpose.

This seems to be a huge problem for so many people, i wonder if this is a Western/Modern world problem?