PDA

View Full Version : Eco-friendly products

Linette
9th August 2020, 06:02

I have to admit, I want to do all I. An to save the planet, not add to it’s human burden, I’d like to use less packaging, less toxins, less water, but I am also constrained by a budget. I saw these new paper washing strips, which in all fairness promise to do I what I am looking for, but at £12.99 for 32 washes compared to £9.00 for 36 washes of Ariel tabs, I struggle to make the change.

Yes, it could be argued that it is only a few less washes, and a few more pounds to save the planet, and let’s face it, the planet and it’s natural habitants are worth it, but I apply this eco-friendly approach to all my shopping, I will end up with less product and more cost. For me, it is not sustainable.

How are people supposed to make the jump, when there is no incentive :ne_nau:

Westielover
9th August 2020, 14:07
I think the incentive is that you are doing your bit to save the planet and as the famous supermarket says “Every little helps”.

Chloe21
9th August 2020, 16:47
Do these dissolve in the wash then? Anything that is eco friendly is so much more expensive but cost more to make I guess :ambivalence::ambivalence:

Dani
9th August 2020, 19:25
I think the incentive is that you are doing your bit to save the planet and as the famous supermarket says “Every little helps”.

I agree, absolutely. I guess my gripe is that there is a need and a push for us to be more environmentally aware, but where is the incentive? Money talks and people will always buy cheaper products.

Louise
9th August 2020, 19:31
I agree, absolutely. I guess my gripe is that there is a need and a push for us to be more environmentally aware, but where is the incentive? Money talks and people will always buy cheaper products.

I also agree with you all, but just as the government taxes ‘luxury’ goods, why doesn’t it reduce the tax on eco-friends goods to say 10-15% to encourage people to buy them, or at least try them!

Sian
10th August 2020, 05:45
I also agree with you all, but just as the government taxes ‘luxury’ goods, why doesn’t it reduce the tax on eco-friends goods to say 10-15% to encourage people to buy them, or at least try them!

I think it has been muted in the news today that healthy choices should be subsidised.

Lloyd
10th August 2020, 07:38
I think it has been muted in the news today that healthy choices should be subsidised.

Subsidised by whom? The Government? Which is ultimately the tax payer? Why should the tax payer constantly cough up for the choices people make?

Hippee
10th August 2020, 20:04
Subsidised by whom? The Government? Which is ultimately the tax payer? Why should the tax payer constantly cough up for the choices people make?

They subsidise the meat and dairy industry with is know to be very environmentally damaging.

Ben17
11th August 2020, 17:13
The government only subsidise what benefits them and eco friendly produ to don’t put money in the governments purse!