PDA

View Full Version : Kombucha is it worth the hype?

Westielover
7th August 2020, 16:20
What is kombucha tea? Does it have any health benefits?

Answer From Brent A. Bauer, M.D.
Kombucha tea is a fermented drink made with tea, sugar, bacteria and yeast. Although it's sometimes referred to as kombucha mushroom tea, kombucha is not a mushroom — it's a colony of bacteria and yeast. Kombucha tea is made by adding the colony to sugar and tea, and allowing the mix to ferment. The resulting liquid contains vinegar, B vitamins and a number of other chemical compounds.

Proponents claim kombucha tea helps prevent and manage serious health conditions, from blood pressure to cancer. These claims are not backed by science. Limited evidence suggests kombucha tea may offer benefits similar to probiotic supplements, including promoting a healthy immune system and preventing constipation.

Judy202
8th August 2020, 10:44
I’m never sure about these drinks, I know Liz Earle is a great believer in this and she has radiant skin and good health so if she’s drinking this stuff it must be good for you :thumb

Dani
9th August 2020, 19:23
Kombucha is a fermented drink, and is quite nice, slightly sweet. Much like most fermented foods it can help the good bacteria in your stomach, leading to an array of health benefits.

Lloyd
10th August 2020, 07:40
I think with all these health drinks You have to be careful when choosing them, I have no doubt many will be filled with sugars and chemicals. Companies have a habit of jumping on the bandwagon of a health craze, and consumers have a habit of not bothering to read labels!

Joolz
10th August 2020, 11:52
I agree with you Lloyd but I think this is a home made health drink so you are in control of what you put in it.

Bumblebee
10th August 2020, 12:04
Don’t drink this if you suffer with migraines

May26
12th August 2020, 15:05
This can be mixed with alcohol so suddenly it’s a whole lot more appealing :jb: