PDA

View Full Version : Growing older

Phoebe
4th August 2020, 05:49
Does anyone have any recommendations to promote or maintain health as we age?

I want to start while I’m young-ish to prepare my body for ageing, a type of prevention, rather than cure. What works for you, or what are you doing to maintain your health as you grow older?

Eve
4th August 2020, 13:55
Diet is the number one factor in the ageing body, that must be your first port of call, change that and focus on reducing inflammation.

Freespirit
5th August 2020, 14:19
I think you need to do some sort of exercise even if it’s to go for a short walk to get the blood pumping and open up your lungs. A balanced diet and obviously no smoking or drinking in excess. Look after your body on the inside and keep your skin moisturised and you will look and feel young. Remember ‘age is a privilege not everyone gets’ just be proud of who you are and embrace old age

Sian
5th August 2020, 20:18
Keep moving, regular walking keeps the heart in motion and body supple, yoga is also really good!

Sian
5th August 2020, 20:22
How amazing is this 100 yr old lady! She even glows :applouse:

https://youtu.be/RAqv1KMNUUU

Chanel5
8th August 2020, 12:24
How amazing is this 100 yr old lady! She even glows :applouse:

https://youtu.be/RAqv1KMNUUU

Yoga, dancing and don’t forget to put your eyebrows and lippy on :cool::love_heart:

Kiara
8th August 2020, 19:24
Does anyone have any recommendations to promote or maintain health as we age?

I want to start while I’m young-ish to prepare my body for ageing, a type of prevention, rather than cure. What works for you, or what are you doing to maintain your health as you grow older?

What is your measurement? Healthy for the age that you will be? Or healthy like 20 years younger than your actual age?

Yogi001
11th August 2020, 17:32
Plenty of fruit and vegetables, and lots of stretching.

Ben17
12th August 2020, 13:33
Don’t drink or smoke, my mum has never done either and looks really young whereas my dad is the same age and had a heart attack so must be something in that!

May26
22nd August 2020, 09:13
What you put inside your body shows on the outside so beauty definitely comes from within

Judy202
22nd August 2020, 09:30
I have found as I get older I compare myself to other people and feel depressed, is it just me?

Mummy2Two
29th August 2020, 11:41
Fish oils have been suggested to help keep joints supple, and reduce the risk of heart disease. But I think a good mental view on life will take you along way, in keeping younger.

Ruthie
1st September 2020, 09:38
My advice would be to eat everything in moderation and and try to maintain a consistent weight as putting on a lot of weight then losing it can age you with your skin losing its elasticity. Think young too but most importantly enjoy every day and treat it as a gift

Eve
3rd September 2020, 06:03
I think the problem is that people relate ageing as being infirm, or restricted in some way, it is not age that brings this, it is our chosen lifestyle that results in the deterioration in our body and joints.

Alf
4th September 2020, 14:12
In China the elderly keep moving and it is acceptable practice for them to come together with daily stretching exercises. Maybe would should look to other cultures and adopt these beneficial practices.