PDA

View Full Version : Healthy hair

Grace
19th July 2020, 06:01
My hair looks dull and lacklustre, I’ve tried multiple shampoos, but it seems the ones that go any way towards making my hair look healthy, also adds a heavy build up of residue to my hair, turning it greasy quickly.

Any recommendations? :ne_nau:

Chanel5
20th August 2020, 10:58
My daughter had thin broken hair due to stress and she took Sugar Bear hair gummies and it transformed her hair to thick and shiny locks. I highly recommend these and they are vegan too

Bumblebee
20th August 2020, 15:12
Take biotin supplements and your hair will get thicker and stronger it’s brilliant :thumb

Ruthie
28th August 2020, 17:15
Vitamin B is a good supplement to take to thicken your hair

Dahlia
30th August 2020, 08:12
I'm having the same problem. I've been using a natural shampoo bar for almost a year, it leaves residue no matter how much I rinse, my already weak hair gets so tangled when its dry. I've gone back to conventional shampoo unfortunately. The nutritional supplements sound interesting

Carolyn6
30th August 2020, 10:29
Dahlia I really recommend the vitamins too, if you take them for about 2. On that you will see a thickening at the roots and then as your hair grows it is thicker and stronger

Dahlia
30th August 2020, 12:45
Dahlia I really recommend the vitamins too, if you take them for about 2. On that you will see a thickening at the roots and then as your hair grows it is thicker and stronger

That's what I need! My hair falls out a lot but luckily it's not thinning. Which vitamins in particular? Do you recommend a certain brand?

Holley
1st September 2020, 06:52
That's what I need! My hair falls out a lot but luckily it's not thinning. Which vitamins in particular? Do you recommend a certain brand?

Biotin, selenium and niacin Are great vitamins for supporting your hair, do you eat eggs Dahlia?

Louise
1st September 2020, 07:01
I'm having the same problem. I've been using a natural shampoo bar for almost a year, it leaves residue no matter how much I rinse, my already weak hair gets so tangled when its dry. I've gone back to conventional shampoo unfortunately. The nutritional supplements sound interesting

Hi Dahlia, have you tried using oils on your scalp? There is a herb called Bhringraja (https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=bhringraj+oil&adgrpid=52848123813&gclid=Cj0KCQjwv7L6BRDxARIsAGj-34oytf9w5lurlH1FmwHI9QK6izAynSwND1khFHva81rDa_zxe4 WlHVgaAvwQEALw_wcB&hvadid=259083800132&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9046474&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e&hvrand=18387411514368248937&hvtargid=kwd-301215861498&hydadcr=28148_1752695&tag=googhydr-21&ref=pd_sl_79n40ina0o_e) which is considered to be very powerful in improving the quality and strength of your hair. Apply it on your scalp and hair and leave on as long as possible, try and do this once a week and see if you have any benefit after a month. This is an oil that is used a lot in Ayurveda and I am a huge fan of this type of approach to health.

Dahlia
1st September 2020, 07:07
Hi Louise, I actually do have a hair oil containing bhringraj and also bhringraj powder which I mix with water and apply to my scalp, I leave it on for about 2 hrs. They probably will work but i'm not using them as often as I should. I will try to use them weekly, thanks.

Dahlia
1st September 2020, 07:09
Biotin, selenium and niacin Are great vitamins for supporting your hair, do you eat eggs Dahlia?

Thanks Holley, yes I do eat eggs around 4 days a week for breakfast

Laura
2nd September 2020, 18:33

Biotin is the main supplement for hair, and zinc. Solgar are fairly good vitamins.

Nancy
3rd September 2020, 09:41
I think the quality of your water has a huge affect on the quality of your hair, my water is horrendous, it stinks of chlorine, shampoos struggle to lather up and my hair looks like wire, regardless of what I use.

Louise
4th September 2020, 05:24
Do you recommend a certain brand?

There are lots of good brands available, but I am a firm believer in buying the brand you can afford to continue with. In the past I have paid a lot on money for a brand of vitamin, but sadly couldn’t afford to maintain that brand. Pukka (https://www.pukkaherbs.com/uk/en/products/organic-supplements.html) do a great range of organic supplements, but their range is not large, and they are quite specific. Solgar (https://solgar.co.uk/) are another good brand with an extensive range, and cytoplan (https://www.cytoplan.co.uk/) are another good supplier of vitamins.

I would also suggest that where possible incorporate foods than are known to be beneficial for hair, like Brazil nuts, with their selenium content (only eat a maximum of 3 per day) when getting out vitamins and minerals from foods it has better bioavailability, which means we absorb more or the nutrients, than we would if we consumed it in man made form.
In addition I read that when you extract a vitamin from a food source and give it a value, it can look quite small, however, when eaten as a whole within the context of that food source, that nutrient is increased exponentially due to the other nutrients within the food they act synergistically. :thumb

Melanie
22nd September 2020, 06:52
Healthy hair does seem to be genetic as my friend eats all the right things and she has terrible thin hair and so does her daughter but I do think you can help a little by taking a vitamin supplement like B6

Polly
22nd September 2020, 18:49
Rising your hair with apple cider vinegar is said to help add a shine to your hair, also rinse with cool water.

Polly
22nd September 2020, 18:52
Healthy hair does seem to be genetic as my friend eats all the right things and she has terrible thin hair and so does her daughter but I do think you can help a little by taking a vitamin supplement like B6

There is more research to suggest genes do not influence in the ways we were originally meant to believe they did. It may be that your friend has a problem absorbing sufficient nutrition to keep her hair healthy. Lots of factors can effect our bodies ability to absorb, illness, medication, poor gut health. It may be worth considering improving the gut health with probiotics.