PDA

View Full Version : Covid vaccine anyone?

Gymbunny
13th July 2020, 20:30
Who is keen getting the Covid vaccine when it becomes available?

Teri23
14th July 2020, 07:28
Not for me :worked_till_5am:

Esme
14th July 2020, 07:48
No, they don’t know enough about the virus to be making a vaccine for it!

Alf
14th July 2020, 08:32
No, I’m happy to do all the social distancing, wear face cob]Verona’s and wash hands, but not the vaccine and certainly not this soon. The virus is changing and we know little about it, so know, I won’t be putting myself forward for it.

Amelia
15th July 2020, 19:31
I would, but I’d like mine 12 months after the first people get there’s, just to observe the side effects.

Dylis
15th July 2020, 19:43
I hope they don’t try and enforce it. I can’t say I would rush to have it, I think this virus has a long way to go yet!

Carol78
17th July 2020, 06:17
They wouldn’t produce a vaccine that wasn’t safe because otherwise the minute people started reporting problems, there would be no uptake of the vaccine and that would make the Government look stupid.

So I would take it.

Joolz
18th July 2020, 07:41
I would take it, surely they would have to do extensive human trials before it became regularly available?

Tanya
18th July 2020, 11:42
I would take it, surely they would have to do extensive human trials before it became regularly available?

You’d think wouldn’t you! :doh but normally to get a drug on the market takes years and years, sometimes up to 10 years following trials etc, this is being produced and shipped out with 1 year! I’ll wait until batch 5 :sly:

Ely
21st July 2020, 08:31
It looks like it’s being rushed out, the latest news is that it is being tested on African and Brazilians because there’s not enough people in the UK with Covid!

Mummy2Two
23rd July 2020, 06:17
I don’t like the idea of how quickly this is being rushed out, and this stupid notion of racing to be the first country to get a vaccine. Why don’t we sit it out, and watch the effects of the vaccines in other countries first!

Joolz
23rd July 2020, 18:54
I don’t like the idea of how quickly this is being rushed out, and this stupid notion of racing to be the first country to get a vaccine. Why don’t we sit it out, and watch the effects of the vaccines in other countries first!
I think we need to take a chance, if you sit it out you might get Covid and have a severe case and wish you had received the vaccine but then you could have severe side effects from the vaccine. Time will tell I suppose

Vera
23rd July 2020, 18:56
I think we need to take a chance, if you sit it out you might get Covid and have a severe case and wish you had received the vaccine but then you could have severe side effects from the vaccine. Time will tell I suppose

I’d rather wait and see if others get side effects first! Back of the queue for me!