PDA

View Full Version : Butterflies

Daisy
4th July 2020, 11:50
Normally by now I have a garden full of butterflies, and although I’ve seen a few, there does seem to be a marked reduction in the amount I have seen compared to previous years.
I have a bee and butterfly friendly garden, has anyone else noticed this reduction?

Francis
4th July 2020, 19:41
I’ve seen a few, but isn’t it well documented that there are fewer butterflies and bees? Have you thought about buying a butterfly house?

Colette
5th July 2020, 06:13
I have read that there has been a decline in butterflies since the 1970’s by around about 70% which is very concerning. There seems to be no care or action by humans of the effect our lifestyle has on the worlds animal and insect population. We lack the understanding of our interconnectedness.

Here is a link to the butterfly Conservation website which can tell you more https://butterfly-conservation.org/butterflies/the-state-of-britains-butterflies

Teri23
14th July 2020, 07:35
I’ve seen a few more recently, but no where near as many as I used to see as a child, and the varieties are often quite limited, I see the white ones and the brown/red ones, but little else.

Westielover
29th July 2020, 18:31
I actually saw a butterfly the other day and was amazed, so rare these days and always lift my mood when I do see them

Bumblebee
31st July 2020, 16:55
I actually saw a butterfly the other day and was amazed, so rare these days and always lift my mood when I do see them

I’ve had a butterfly come and flutter by me every day this week, so lovely to see

Caree
1st August 2020, 12:02
I’ve had a butterfly come and flutter by me every day this week, so lovely to see

But what colour? And how many? When we were younger you would get many butterflies dancing in the air altogether, let’s face it we used to get butterfly nets, you wouldn’t get them now!

Jackie361
10th August 2020, 13:00
I very rarely see butterflies

Charlotte
29th August 2020, 10:16
I haven’t seen a butterfly in years!

Bumblebee
16th October 2020, 17:38
I love seeing a butterfly, they always make me smile