PDA

View Full Version : Menopause

Amie
4th July 2020, 11:13
I think I’m entering the early stages of the menopause, I want to prepare my body and support it for the changes it will be going through, any ideas and recommendations for natural ways to do this?

Esme
4th July 2020, 12:41
What are your symptoms?

Amie
4th July 2020, 16:54
I seem to have more mood swings, I’m clumsy, generally more hormonal, very tired, low in mood. :tranquillity:

Caree
5th July 2020, 06:37
There doesn’t seem to be an outright solution for this period in a woman’s life, generally it is symptom control. Everything I have read points to lifestyle changes, rest, exercise, healthier diet choices. I know some people have found high doses of vitamin C has helped, although I don’t know why.

Kat
6th July 2020, 07:25
I’ve heard black cohosh is beneficial for hot flushes and night sweats

Joolz
20th August 2020, 15:46
I would take a supplement like evening primrose oil as the low mood will really affect you

GretaSundberg
22nd August 2020, 05:04
I would take a supplement like evening primrose oil as the low mood will really affect you

This has been around for many years and is clearly a well tried and tested supplement! It certainly has a cult following!

Ella
5th September 2020, 06:37
Heavy metals in your body can produce the symptoms of the menopause, tiredness, hot flashes, etc

Consider reducing the toxins that you add to your diet, and have a detox for a week, every other month, you may find this beneficial in keeping any unwanted symptoms at bay.

Claire
6th September 2020, 06:42
Heavy metals in your body can produce the symptoms of the menopause, tiredness, hot flashes, etc

Consider reducing the toxins that you add to your diet, and have a detox for a week, every other month, you may find this beneficial in keeping any unwanted symptoms at bay.

But her symptoms are from the menopause, not by heavy metals, so how would this help her?

Ruthie
6th September 2020, 17:08
Why do men think it’s so funny to take the pi** out of menopausal women? :distress:

Geri
8th September 2020, 12:27
Why do men think it’s so funny to take the pi** out of menopausal women? :distress:

Because they don't understand it, and it is an historical abuse to point the finger at women being Hysterical. Where to you think this word comes from? There is so little interest in this condition, yet it affects every woman to some degree.

Geri
8th September 2020, 12:32
I think I’m entering the early stages of the menopause, I want to prepare my body and support it for the changes it will be going through, any ideas and recommendations for natural ways to do this?

My friend has had some degree in benefit from drinking Soy milk, Although I think this gets some really bad press. I think there is a link to consuming Soy products and an increase in cancer.
I think the difficulty comes in when there are various forms of Soy, be it, Soy beans, or foods such as tofu, tempeh, soy sauce, miso, and obviously Soy protein is added to many health food bars. Ultimately all these versions of soy are processed food, so it is very difficult to say whether Soy it its whole form is risky, or whether it is the processed versions.

Louise
8th February 2022, 11:56
Essential oils can help with many symptoms associated with the menopause, one that springs to mind is rose essential oil (https://www.organicallypure.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?916-Rose-Rosa-damascena-Rosa-centifolia&highlight=menopause) it can help with the heavy periods, clotting, and inflammatory changes that occur on the skin, as well as the changes in mood, helping to relax, restore and bring tranquility to every day scenarios.