PDA

View Full Version : Oregano

Louise
4th July 2020, 10:55

oregano is another one of my staple herbs, I add a spoonful into my daily smoothies to help keep my gut health in check. The Greeks and Romans associated oregano with joy and happiness, and I think I would have to agree. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy too:

:apple: Oregano has antibacterial properties, the compound Caracrol found in oregano makes it a natural antibiotic.

:apple: It has anti-inflammatory properties, with some suggestions that this herb can help with autoimmune arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.

:apple: Oregano can help manage diabetes, by improving insulin resistance, regulates the expression of genes that affect fat and carbohydrate metabolism, and helps to restore damaged liver and kidney tissues.

:apple: Oregano is a powerful antioxidant and can help to play a role in protecting us from the damage caused by free radicals.

I’m a huge fan of Oregano, but I must give a warning to anyone using the oil, it is very powerful and when applied directly to the skin it can burn or irritate the skin, I speak from experience :eek

Amie
4th July 2020, 17:01
What inspired you to put it into your smoothie? It has such a strong taste, doesn’t it overpower your smoothie?

Grace
19th July 2020, 05:52
I think it has anti-viral properties too.

Louise
19th July 2020, 05:53
What inspired you to put it into your smoothie? It has such a strong taste, doesn’t it overpower your smoothie?

I had an upset stomach and wanted to find a herb that gets rid of bad bacteria and promotes good bacteria, and this herb ticked the box. Whenever I use shop bought herbs I always buy organic. Many herbs are heavily spayed with toxins.

Westielover
26th July 2020, 17:21
I had an upset stomach and wanted to find a herb that gets rid of bad bacteria and promotes good bacteria, and this herb ticked the box. Whenever I use shop bought herbs I always buy organic. Many herbs are heavily spayed with toxins.

Is this similar to a probiotic if it promotes good bacteria?

Francis
6th February 2022, 09:22
Is this similar to a probiotic if it promotes good bacteria?

Oregano is amazing, it helps to eliminate bad bacteria, while promoting good bacteria, I have the essential oil which is extremely powerful and should not be applied directly to skin as it will cause irritation.

I also add dried oregano whenever possible to cooking and smoothies.

Tom32
13th January 2024, 18:07
Hasn’t oregano got strong anti-viral properties too?