PDA

View Full Version : Toxin overload

Esme
10th November 2018, 06:42
I recently read about the absorption of chemicals through our skin and into our blood stream and I was really surprised by how much we absorb.

Given this information it would suggest the perfumes, deodorant, creams, sprays etc all eventually get absorbed to some degree into our blood stream.

We now live in a era where we do pile toxins onto skin in a effort to look, smell, feel better. Is it any wonder our bodies become over burdened!

Amelia
11th November 2018, 14:33
I didn’t think our skin was easy to penetrate, that’s why cosmetic companies have such a difficulty getting their products to work.

Kat
19th November 2018, 09:50
Of course our skin can absorb toxins, it’s porus. I wonder if the lotions and potions that we apply to our skins either through bathing or moisturising or perfumes contributes to the rise in skin cancers!

Daisy82
22nd November 2018, 14:32
Our skin is very porus and it is important to reduce the toxins we apply to our body, where possible by organic, natural products, or better still don’t apply any.

On my days away from work when I am not expected to meet a certain standard in dress code, I let my skin breathe, no deodorant, creams and scent. I think it’s good to have detox days.

Beccy
22nd November 2018, 21:07
This is a good idea, I guess we don’t always have to go on a big dietary detox, to get the benefits of reducing our toxins.

Do you recommend any decent brands that are more healthy to use?