PDA

View Full Version : Suncream to do, or not to do?

Teal
7th May 2018, 06:43
The sun has finally arrived and the media reminds us to slather on the suncream.

Im increasingly concerned about the growing skin cancer rate, and I have read articles linking the use of sun screen with these growing rates.

Any opinions on this?

Louise
26th May 2018, 13:57
Hi Teal, It is a worrying trend the increase of skin cancer, I do wonder how much of this has do do with the sun, and how much is it do do with the foods we eat and the toxins we put on and in our body. Personally, I think this is a more likely cause of skin cancer.

Humans evolved in the outdoors, I would like to think this evolution equipped us with the nescessary immunity against the suns rays.

Amelia
21st June 2018, 15:24
I personally never use suncream, I think it is an advertising ploy to get us to buy suncream.

Hippee
21st June 2018, 15:31
I personally never use suncream, I think it is an advertising ploy to get us to buy suncream.

What is an advertising ploy?

Teal
23rd June 2018, 10:02
I’ve read quite a lot about the toxins load on the skin and how it changes it’s chemical composition when heated by the sun. I think I may go ‘au natural’ but be more aware of the time I am in the sun.

Amelia
23rd June 2018, 10:05
What is an advertising ploy?

In this case they use scare mongering to sell a product. No one questions the risk of slathering chemical on their skin, but they are afraid of the most natural, life giving force on this planet! :ne_nau::doh

Amelia
23rd June 2018, 10:07
In Ayurveda they have a saying, ‘don’t put anything on your skin that you wouldn’t put on your tongue’. I think this is a good guideline to work from in life.

ClaudetteBenner
24th June 2018, 05:39
In Ayurveda they have a saying, ‘don’t put anything on your skin that you wouldn’t put on your tongue’. I think this is a good guideline to work from in life.

I like this saying, so simple, but so true.