PDA

View Full Version : Health drinks on the rise

Morris1954
8th April 2018, 12:17
Have you noticed how there is now an array of healthy drinks on our supermarket shelves, I recently bought ‘Birch water’ tapped straight from the tree. I noticed an article for it in a magazine and thought I’d give it a try.

At £1.30 for 250mls I can’t say it’s cheap, but it is refreshing, and apparently supplying 15% of your daily manganese requirement.

Kellee
28th April 2018, 09:19
I was shocked at the choices available in my local Sainsbury’s and have to admit I was tempted by their range. But the prices are extreme and to be honest, I do worry about the chemical put into such health drinks to keep them ‘fresh’.

Eve
2nd May 2018, 07:59
I like the fact there are more choices available than ever, but I agree you do have to shop wisely.

Amelia
5th May 2018, 05:48
I would stay clear of them, make your own. They will be full of preservatives.

Alf
2nd November 2018, 07:35
I have noticed a massive explosion of so called health drinks since there has been a huge focus on demonising fizzy frinks.
But there is nothing healthy about these drinks, they are loaded with all kinds of chemicals and even those that maintain there is just fruit and veg must have some form of stabiliser in them.

It seems that rather than controlling the crap that children drink, the government has unleashed a monster! At least when people drank fizzy drinks they knew they were not healthy, now people are blindly drinking this ‘expensive’ stuff believing it to be the healthy option!

cherry
6th November 2018, 07:11
What happened to the tax on soft drink? I saw a litre of Irn Bru for £1 :doh.

Yet the health drinks come in tiny sizes at extortionate prices. Oh! And they are not healthy:tumbleweed:

Teal
8th November 2018, 07:58
What happened to the tax on soft drink? I saw a litre of Irn Bru for £1:tumbleweed:

I have to admit, this hasn’t escaped my attention either, what happened to the tax on sugary drinks? How can the companies possibly make, bottle and transport this stuff for £1 and still make a profit? Is the sugary drinks industry subsidised?

Esme
8th November 2018, 20:20
What is the obsession with flavoured, fizzy, health drinks? It is just wasted, processed calories that do not serve anyone well. People don’t even consider them as a food substitute, which based on their calories they often are?

Chanel5
1st August 2020, 20:05
What is the obsession with flavoured, fizzy, health drinks? It is just wasted, processed calories that do not serve anyone well. People don’t even consider them as a food substitute, which based on their calories they often are?

I think the fizzy health drink is to entice a market that doesn’t usually buy health drinks maybe?

Ben17
15th August 2020, 16:15
Let’s face it you can even buy Smart Water so they have tried to entice people with a clever water :jb:

Fred
19th August 2020, 06:15
Health drinks are nothing but overpriced sugar waters, everyone wants a quick fix!

The best health drink that has ever existed is water! Ideally clean spring water, as even tap water is chemically laden :doh

Morris1954
23rd August 2020, 19:25
Health drinks are nothing but overpriced sugar waters, everyone wants a quick fix!

The best health drink that has ever existed is water! Ideally clean spring water, as even tap water is chemically laden :doh

I’m surprised they don’t market water as a health drink! :doh

Goatie
25th August 2020, 10:11
Let’s face it you can even buy Smart Water so they have tried to entice people with a clever water :jb:

I might be needing to drink a fair bit of this water then mate :jb:

Eve
3rd September 2020, 06:01
I’ve seen more health drinks being marketed recently, the companies seem to be jumping on the ‘plant-based’ health movement, but I think it would be wise to remember that sugar is in fact a plant!

Charlotte
6th September 2020, 18:12
I like the idea of having a drink with health benefits, for some people it’s the only healthy thing they consume!

J-jay
6th September 2020, 19:03
What about Kombucha? It seems to be everywhere at the moment and certainly touted as a health drink, despite it being made from fermented sugar :doh

Louise
7th September 2020, 17:03
Sorry this is so long, it was never meant to be, and as you can see, I seem to be having trouble speaking today! :doh

https://youtu.be/Jbua2Of9Slk

Sarah
10th September 2020, 05:44
I think these health drinks are just a gimmick, you are quite right Louise, water is all that the body requires, you could add an effervescent multi-vitamin to your water and you would bet a better drink than what these companies are selling, at extortionate prices.

But sadly we live in a world, where people want to consume/buy stuff, especially health!

Shelley
13th September 2020, 17:46
I have always enjoyed having a fruit smoothie that I buy on my way to work but my friend pointed out that when you blend the fruit it is 10 times more calorific than if you eat the fruit whole, you are also releasing all the sugars that are not good for you!