PDA

View Full Version : Weightloss books

Claire
2nd January 2018, 19:00
Hi, I’ve recently finished reading the brilliant book ‘Obesity Code’, for anyone thinking of losing weight, or have struggled all of their lives, this is a must have book.

It sheds some light on why people are overweight and obese and why our diets continue to fail us time and time again.

Khan
17th February 2018, 14:05
I think that our societal set up is a huge contributor to this problem. Families have two people working in them, that means, people are more stressed, tired, have less time to prepare, cook and even consume foods. We have got to a point where we eat on the run at times.

Give my place of work for example, my lunch break is so limited, I do not have time to leave my work station and get a mental break away, instead I eat at my desk and end up reading e-mails, or working whilst eating, I'm never in the moment and therefore my digestion is out of whack, because Im not paying attention to the food I am eating.

john1
17th July 2018, 11:50
The best weight loss book is "The Whole30: The 30-Day Guide to Total Health and Food Freedom"

Alison66
17th July 2018, 13:37
The best weight loss book is "The Whole30: The 30-Day Guide to Total Health and Food Freedom"

Interesting, I had a quick look at the website and it seems interesting. Although, personally I am not a fan of making food prescriptive, I think its how you run into problems, but, hey! thats just my opinion.

Rene82
17th July 2018, 19:54

A great idea John1, this book had not come under my radar before. Looks like more than just a weightloss book.

Kat
19th November 2018, 09:56
Surely, our diets continue to fail us because we are led to believe that what we are consuming is healthy, when in fact it contributes to weight gain, fluid retention and chronic Ill health.

Mary03
22nd August 2020, 09:17
Diets don’t fail us we fail on the diet. You are in control of what you eat, you can’t blame the diet for not working!

Judy202
23rd August 2020, 15:29
There are so many books on the market but instead of reading a book or about a trendy new diet just cut your portion size down and count your calories