PDA

View Full Version : Opt-out organ donation for England.

lifesaball
13th December 2017, 17:21
It looks like England is set to follow Wales in introducing an opt-out organ donation scheme. Which is opposite from the existing one, where people have to actively register to donate their organs.

What is the general consensus, a good or bad idea?

Lloyd
17th December 2017, 10:44
I think it’s a good idea, but what I think would be more important if the view of a family member is taken away. No one should be able to over rules an individuals request.

Alda79
19th December 2017, 17:42
I think it’s a good idea, but what I think would be more important if the view of a family member is taken away. No one should be able to over rules an individuals request.

Are you saying that if I requested to donate my organs, but a family member refused, their wish overrides mine? Are you sure? That doesn’t seem right. :ambivalence:

Claire
2nd January 2018, 18:30
Are you saying that if I requested to donate my organs, but a family member refused, their wish overrides mine? Are you sure? That doesn’t seem right. :ambivalence:

Yes, that’s true. The next of kin has the final say.

Staci
26th January 2018, 12:20
I think if you choose to donate your organs, I think you have a duty to explain to your loved ones and next of kin why this is important to you that your final wishes are adhered to.