PDA

View Full Version : Hair loss

cherry
4th December 2017, 21:00
Can anyone make some suggestions to improve the rate my hair seems to be falling out?

I dread washing because I can handfuls of hair, brushing it is not much better. I feel my hair is thin as a result. I’ve tried thickening shampoos etc, but what I want is any suggestions of food, therapies or supplements that may be able to help me from inside out.

Kellee
9th December 2017, 17:01
Have you tried Biotin? What is your diet like, do you eat meat?

Lidia
10th December 2017, 16:15
Have you tried massaging your scalp every Night? The increased blood flow to the scalp will help encourage hair growth and strengthen your hair.

cherry
10th December 2017, 16:17
Have you tried Biotin? What is your diet like, do you eat meat?

I don’t eat meat, but I do get plenty of protein from my diet from the dairy I eat. I haven’t tried Biotin, what does it do?

Kellee
26th January 2018, 12:01
Have you tried Kelp supplements? it is worth having a look at your diet and seeing where improvements can be made.

Also, if you haven't already it may be worth approaching your doctor for advice/investigations.

Claire
31st March 2018, 05:43
I’ve recently come across a herbal supplement called biotin which you can take in doses up to 5000 mcg a day, this helps to make hair stronger and thicker. My Neice uses it and has found a tremendous difference in the quality of her hair. She has been taking doses of 2000 mcg.

I believe Biotin is available in eggs, but if you are a vegan, this may be a good alternative to consider.

Rene82
4th May 2018, 08:10
Biotin works really well :encouragement:

Kat
22nd November 2018, 21:21
In India they swear by adding oils to their hair on a weekly basis to reduce breakages.

Teal
6th August 2020, 06:24
There have been lots of people reporting hair loss post Covid, I don’t know why a virus can cause hair loss, but I guess the virus has to work through the system, so recovery can take a while and will just occur after the virus has left the system.

Freespirit
6th August 2020, 18:15
Unfortunately there are no cures for hair loss and sadly lots of people capitalise on this by asking large amounts of money for a ‘miracle cure’ for baldness that doesn’t work!

Chloe21
6th August 2020, 19:11
My ex boyfriend was blonde and was terrified of losing his hair. He read that hanging upside down caused blood to rush to the hair follicles and he wouldn’t lose it so every night he would hung off the side of the bed bless him. Is he bald you are now asking? Of course he is, not a hair on his head! Don’t invest in any shampoos or lotions they are a waste of money.

Ben17
8th August 2020, 09:14
I am lucky my dad has a good head of hair and mine is long but I would buy anything to stop me going bald so I can see how this industry is thriving :(