PDA

View Full Version : Healthy popcorn

Louise
31st July 2017, 22:11
While looking at some You Tube videos of Julie Montagu the author of the book 'Superfoods', I stumbled across this video showing the viewer how to make healthy popcorn. :popcorn

The recipe seems simple enough:

Half a cup of kernals
Half a cup of maple syrup
Tsp of almond extract
1/3 cup of almond butter (or any other nut butter)
Cinnamon (pinch)
Tbsp of coconut oil

You need a large pot with a lid.
Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/f0UxbuMldlk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Judy202
4th August 2020, 14:16
Popcorn is my new favourite snack after I was given a personalised popcorn bowl by a friend. There are so many different flavours on the market now but some are so expensive. The kernels are so cheap to buy and as long as you are careful with them popping it is so easy to make your own at a fraction of the cost but maximum taste

Chloe21
7th August 2020, 10:41
I enjoyed the video but recommend a pan with a glass lid so you can see the kernels popping.

Bumblebee
20th August 2020, 15:15
I am addicted to popcorn but I’ve noticed the price has gone up since there were more flavours introduced so I will be giving this recipe a g:thumb

Carolyn6
25th August 2020, 10:15
I enjoyed the video but recommend a pan with a glass lid so you can see the kernels popping.

I make my own popcorn and definitely agree you need to use a pan with a glass lid as I had a kernel pop and hit me close to my eye it was so hot and could have been dangerous

Carolyn6
5th September 2020, 11:53
I always add the flavourings in with the kernels before they pop and it seems to taste better

Charlotte
29th September 2020, 17:04
I am currently addicted to popcorn, great recipe

Alice
25th October 2020, 16:29
I always thought that popcorn was low calorie but I picked up a bag today and found that it contained 5% fat which I was really surprised by!