PDA

View Full Version : Aluminium free deodorant

Sam
30th July 2017, 20:50
Can anyone recommend a decent one that actually works? I've tried a couple, I find them expensive and ineffective. I not interested in trying anymore just randomly due to their costs, so would really welcome some feedback before investing in anymore money.

I find they are generally okay, providing it is average weather, and I'm sitting at a desk, doing nothing. The minute I have to do anything remotely like exercise the deodorant just lets me down and I start smelling :doh

GaryFries52
31st July 2017, 18:45
You don't say which ones you've used and don't like.

Have you tried Bionsen - mineral protective 24 hr? It is one I use and find it quite good. I use the spray version, which I think is more effective.
It has an usual smell, but I have to admit it, I quite like it, although it's a smell difficult to define. it's worth a shot, aluminium free and slightly pricer than the usual run of the mill deodorants.

Louise
31st July 2017, 21:04
Lavera does a range of deodorants which are organic and aluminium free, I use a roll on version. But I have to admit that I am sceptical at its abilities under strenuous conditions. I think it's okay for everyday use.
The smell is not overpowering, and neither feminine or masculine.

Emma
1st August 2017, 17:08
I've used the Bionsen stick, but I find it really dry and when using it drags the skin. I fresh smell, and does work okay, but I would not say it is ideal for sports.

RyanLee
6th August 2017, 16:54
Whats wrong with just using conventional deodorants?

Louise
8th August 2017, 17:34
Have you tried Bionsen - mineral protective 24 hr? It is one I use and find it quite good. I use the spray version, which I think is more effective.

i have to admit, I have the stick and the rollerball for Bionsen, and I find them awful. They offer no protection when doing anything other than walking around the house. I personally would not recommend this brand for anyone that moves faster than a tortoise.

Sam
8th August 2017, 17:40
Whats wrong with just using conventional deodorants?

The aluminium contained within normal deodorants has been linked to breast cancer, aluminium is a neuro-toxin and although research is scant, it's not difficult to imagine to damage these can do to the body over time. For me, I recognise that I can't avoid all toxins in life, but I can reduce them where possible, which gives my body a fighting chance.

Holley
6th April 2018, 19:35
I’ve yet to find a good one that is as reliable as the more toxic ones.

I’ve gone to using the rollerball, non-aerosols as a compromise, it’s less toxic to my lungs.

Louise
5th July 2020, 07:36

I’m currently trialling this one, which comes with the added benefit of no plastic packaging, it comes in various strengths according to your sensitivity and cost £11 for the full size, please click the link for more information and to purchase.

https://www.honeybeebeautiful.co.uk/search?q=Deodorant+

Kat
5th July 2020, 09:08
I find stick products make me itch.

Lidia
6th July 2020, 10:25

I’m currently trialling this one, which comes with the added benefit of no plastic packaging, it comes in various strengths according to your sensitivity and cost £11 for the full size, please click the link for more information and to purchase.

I agree, I prefer a roll on version, but definitely choose these over spray deodorants, do you know if there is an intention to make a roll on version? I guess it could be made into a glass bottle.

Teal
8th July 2020, 11:37
I struggle to find these deodorants as good as the classic toxic spray ones, they are generally okay, if you are not doing much, but if you are active, then they are not very good. Always happy to be disproved though :thumb

Ely
8th July 2020, 14:03
I’ve noticed that a lot of these products are marketed at women, I know they have a fresh scent range etc, but there is rarely a mans range, you know, the classic, musk, or spice smell for men, it’s usually lavender.

I’m guessing it is due the lack of market demand, but there is a huge demand now for male products, hell, they even do make-up stands for men. If you come across a man scented version, please post it on here :applouse:

Louise
23rd July 2020, 06:50

Follow-up: following a decent trial, this doesn’t make me itch at all, and I do have sensitive skin, the smell is subtle, but fresh, and it has made me feel comfortable all day long without a need to wash and reapply :thumb The stick doesn’t crumble when applying and lasts a good length of time.

So, if you are looking for a product that is kind to your skin, does what it is designed to do, it’s ethical and plastic free, then this is your go to product. I also love that sample sizes are available, for two reasons, it gives you a chance to try a product and they are great for travelling with!

Okay third reason - they make great gifts too :applouse:

Louise
23rd July 2020, 06:52
As an add on to my above post, This deodorant has such a gentle smell it is perfect for men too :thumb

Chloe21
25th July 2020, 15:58
I’ve tried them all and trust me when you are a menopausal sweaty woman you just want to use anything to cover up the smell!

Louise
5th August 2020, 18:38
So here is my latest Vlog on 100% natural deodorants that use and recommend

https://youtu.be/ib3MVGQAL3A

Rainbow
5th August 2020, 19:22
I do love Ben and Anna, the smells are divine, they have a great choice of smells too.

Staci
7th August 2020, 06:06
Good video Louise I find the stick crumble and cause me to itch, or you have to press hard against you skin to get the coverage.

Chloe21
7th August 2020, 10:39
I find the price of these deodorants is not attainable for anyone on a budget. I'm a student and couldn't afford to buy these. Are there any cheaper alternatives?

Jackie361
8th August 2020, 13:30
I find these to be pricey and unfortunately this deodorant is no good for my hot flushes! :05.18-flustered:

Olivia
9th August 2020, 19:42
I find the price of these deodorants is not attainable for anyone on a budget. I'm a student and couldn't afford to buy these. Are there any cheaper alternatives?

I don’t think there are, cheap stuff is full of toxins. Sadly, the healthy stuff is expensive. I think with all things, there are so many toxins in our environment that it would be hard to keep away from all of them. So, maybe you should pick and choose your enemy. Maybe buy the cheaper version of this, but have an organic version of something else, try and reduce your toxic load where possible and within your budget.

Judy202
12th August 2020, 14:51
Crikey why is it so expensive? It’s basically bicarbonate of soda which is really cheap. I do think the eco friendly industry needs to find a way of lowering its prices as this is just too far out of my budget.

Dahlia
13th August 2020, 09:22
I have been using Salt of the Earth deodorant spray for years. It keeps me odour free all day. The unscented 1 litre refill is very economical, they have masculine scents but are pricer than the unscented one.

May26
13th August 2020, 09:32
I have been using Salt of the Earth deodorant spray for years. It keeps me odour free all day. The unscented 1 litre refill is very economical, they have masculine scents but are pricer than the unscented one.

I will have a look at these as it might be more cost effective to get a larger refill, it just seems it costs so much more to care about our planet by doing the right thing!