PDA

View Full Version : Not so sweet

Linette
27th July 2017, 20:06
I found this article on artificial sweaters, long been known to have carcinogenic properties but now found to have additional side affects including weight gain and heart disease. How are these legally sold? :ne_nau:

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/07/170717091043.htm

Louise
27th July 2017, 20:33
For me, this research has been known for some time on some level of understanding, so it is nice to see the evidence to suggest me thoughts were correct.

I would like like to see more research done on artificial sweeteners, especially when given the fact that so many people consume this toxin in so many products.

Ely
29th July 2017, 19:37
Haven't artificial sweeteners been linked to cancer?

Hippee
29th July 2017, 19:46
Haven't artificial sweeteners been linked to cancer?

I'm not sure about a direct link, although it has been widely publicised that artificial sweeteners are carcinogenic.

I don't really know if that means directly causes cancer:ne_nau:

Pansy
29th July 2017, 21:08
I think the clue to its health benefits is in the name, 'artificial', it's hardly surprising that it is linked with weight gain. It fools the body into thinking there is sugar when there isn't, so the body continues to crave sugar until it gets some.

This stuff should be banned, I find it unbelievable that some less harmful substances are banned, while others go unchecked. There has to be some influence in the food industry somewhere. :ambivalence:

Ely
1st August 2017, 15:40
It's been known for many years that artificial sweeteners are not good for your health, people would probably be better having proper sugar, at least it is not so chemically laden and toxic.

Emma
1st August 2017, 17:13
I think it is quite addictive too, its nasty stuff. When you cut out all sugar and eat a natural sugar diet, you notice artificial sweetener in foods, it has such a chemical taste.

Nancy
11th August 2017, 16:10
But what is the alternative?

If Sugar is bad for you, and artificial sweeteners are bad for you what is the alternative?

Gymbunny
11th August 2017, 18:04

If Sugar is bad for you, and artificial sweeteners are bad for you what is the alternative?

When you eat a more natural, less processed diet your palate changes and you find you prefer the sweetness of natural flavours rather than processed or artificial sugars.

Pansy
14th August 2017, 18:48

Natural sweet foods, raw honey, maple syrup, date syrup.