PDA

View Full Version : Is Milk inhumane?

Nancy
27th July 2017, 17:18
It has been reported that milk is inhumane following the treatment of calves immediately after birth, any thoughts?

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2017/jul/26/humane-milk-is-a-myth-veganism-advert-cleared-by-standards-body

Susan Poche
27th July 2017, 18:32
I don't think it's a question of whether milk is inhummane, surely it is the practice that is inhummane rather than the product.

Ely
29th July 2017, 19:35
I agree with Susan, it is not a question whether the milk is inhummane. The treatment of animals to allow us to eat meat and dairy is inhummane, something most humans seem happy to accept by turning a blind eye to the reality of the animals treatment.

Hippee
29th July 2017, 19:39
I'm surprised the advertising agency allowed the advert. I'm pleased they did, but I'm surprised they didn't buckle under the pressure from the agriculture and dairy industry.

Good for them!

Amelia
31st July 2017, 18:29
Isn't all animal farming inhumane? by the nature that the animal is force fed foods that they wouldn't naturally eat, get confined to small areas, are force fed, pumped with toxins etc

Animals are natural creatures, they are more in tune with nature than we humans are, anything we do to them that doesn't allow them to roam freely is inhumane in my opinion.

Nancy
8th August 2017, 17:17
Animals are natural creatures, they are more in tune with nature than we humans are, anything we do to them that doesn't allow them to roam freely is inhumane in my opinion.

I find myself in complete agreement with you. Have you seen cowspiracy? It's quite an eye opening documentary that raises awareness of the farming methods used in agriculture.