PDA

View Full Version : Teeth whitener

Jade26
18th June 2017, 05:43
Can anyone make any suggestions, I feel like I have used all of the teeth whitening toothpastes available with varying degrees of success.

But I don't want to keep using these, especially when they are not that good. I don't want to use the chemical trays for whitening.

Can anyone suggest a more natural alternative? Or even foods that can help the density of my teeth.

love2shop
18th June 2017, 20:22
Like you I've tried all of the usual high street teeth whitening brands with very little success. I haven't got an answer to your question, but Thought I would add that I agree the usual suspects are not that good.

over the hill
19th June 2017, 19:24
Rub lemon rind on your teeth, but make sure you rinse with water afterwards.

Megan
21st June 2017, 21:35
Rub lemon rind on your teeth, but make sure you rinse with water afterwards.

Which side of the lemon rind?

ClaudetteBenner
27th June 2017, 20:45
Have you tried activated charcoal? It is supposed to be good for natural teeth whitening.

I have also seen charcoal bristle tooth brushes.

AletheaRiggs
29th June 2017, 21:33
This seems a popular brand 70
The only thing I would say is don't be too fooled by some of the images out there, although there seems to be some positive comments about the use of charcoal in teeth whitening.

It's not something I've used, but I'd certainly consider using some in the near future.

over the hill
29th June 2017, 21:35
Which side of the lemon rind?

The inside, where the pith is.

Louise
30th June 2017, 11:27
why would you use charcoal to whiten teeth?

Deena
10th July 2017, 20:08
Charcoal absorbs toxins, so may pull staining out of the tooth.

Deena
10th July 2017, 20:30

I saw this and it looks quite a sexy gadget. It's a device that is said to whiten your teeth by up to 5 shades whiter , but it requires you to use it 4 times a day for 8 minutes at a time.

Esme
10th July 2017, 21:52
I saw this and it looks quite a sexy gadget. It's a device that is said to whiten your teeth by up to 5 shades whiter , but it requires you to use it 4 times a day for 8 minutes at a time.

A sexy looking gadget, but that is a lot of time to dedicate to getting your teeth white, and what happens when you stop using it?

Louise
24th November 2017, 20:10

Since asking this question I gave charcoal toothpaste a try and also noticed it has now made it to the high street shop 'Boots', which in itself is quite remarkable for any 'alternative' product to achieve.

Anyway, I do enjoy the charcoal powder, it has a very earthy taste, although I doubt it is a go to product for anyone wanting that fresh minty taste.

I found it as good as any other tooth whitening paste that I have tried over the years (and paid a small fortune for). I tend to use this at night, where the minty taste of freshly cleaned teeth is not such a requirement, and use my lavera in the morning, to help freshen the morning breath.

Emma
27th November 2017, 19:27
I tried the charcoal toothpaste and couldn’t get on with it, I never felt like I had brushed my teeth.

Gymbunny
13th July 2020, 20:55
I’ve noticed that charcoal toothpaste has become more main stream now, it used to be so hard to get hold of. Although I have to say, I’m never too convinced by mainstream products, it normally equates to toxic rubbish.

Westielover
24th July 2020, 17:33
Have you tried activated charcoal? It is supposed to be good for natural teeth whitening.

I have also seen charcoal bristle tooth brushes.

I was told that this charcoal doesn’t actually make any difference it is an illusion because the black paste on your teeth when rinsed off makes your teeth look white as it’s a stark contrast. Once the enamel on your teeth has been eroded you can’t make them white.

Holley
27th July 2020, 19:51
I was told that this charcoal doesn’t actually make any difference it is an illusion because the black paste on your teeth when rinsed off makes your teeth look white as it’s a stark contrast. Once the enamel on your teeth has been eroded you can’t make them white.

:doh another scam!

Jackie361
22nd August 2020, 09:27
At a recent visit to my dentist I asked about brightening my teeth and he said that you are destroying the enamel on your teeth by whitening them and eventually you won’t be able to get the same effect and will need crowns or veneers to get white teeth

Shelley
30th August 2020, 10:23
There is an unhealthy obsession with having unnaturally white teeth at the moment. I met someone the other day and her teeth were so white they looked like false teeth which I’m sure wasn’t the look she was going for!

Tanya
1st September 2020, 06:04
At a recent visit to my dentist I asked about brightening my teeth and he said that you are destroying the enamel on your teeth by whitening them and eventually you won’t be able to get the same effect and will need crowns or veneers to get white teeth

I think it certainly breaks down the enamel and causes teeth to become more sensitive, which explain the explosion of sensitive toothpastes on the market.

Tanya
1st September 2020, 06:05
There is an unhealthy obsession with having unnaturally white teeth at the moment. I met someone the other day and her teeth were so white they looked like false teeth which I’m sure wasn’t the look she was going for!

Thankfully, I don’t think we are as bad as the US, it seems to be a right of passage to have braces, a nose job and white teeth!

Alice
3rd September 2020, 18:06
There are lots of gadgets you can buy online now, not sure how effective they are but worth a try