PDA

View Full Version : Rescue remedy

Kitkat
17th May 2017, 09:19
Hi, I suffer from anxiety and get easily stressed, in the slightest situations, a friend suggested rescue remedy, but had never tried it herself.

Has anyone had any experience of rescue remedy? and are there any side effects to using it?

sophie
17th May 2017, 10:25
Hi Kitkat,

Rescue remedy is my go to remedy, I use it for everything, and I'm convinced it's what has kept me sane in times of stress.
I have used it prior to interviews, exams and work pressures. It is not instant and you may need to take it for several hour to get the best effect.
for example, if you have a stressful situation coming up that day, ie exams, results of something, parents-in-law coming round:doh...take it the night before or the morning of the day, you'll find that you can cope with the stressful situations much better.:encouragement:

Caree
17th May 2017, 16:57
I have tried rescue remedy for times of anxiety and stress. There are various forms in which you can take it, spray, lozenge, tincture, pastels. Personally, I think the spray is the most effective version and the easiest to use.

Tanya
18th May 2017, 20:24
I recommended it, in my opinion it is better than calms.

I use my spray for 24 hours prior to a know stressful situation. Or if I suddenly find myself in a stressed out mood, I just keep spraying Until I feel out, that might take an hour.

lifesaball
1st June 2017, 16:36
This is my go to herbal friend, it is such an effective herbal therapy and I recommend it to anyone and everyone.

CharlieH
5th June 2017, 19:59
I went a bought some of this last week, having gone for a job interview and always feeling very nervous. I found it a great help, I felt more in control of my nervous during the interview and I didn't feel they got the better of me. Didn't get the job though:doh

Kitkat
7th June 2017, 07:19
I bought the rescue remedy and at first I wasn't convinced it was doing anything. I supposed I expected to feel chilled out, but I didn't. I did find that I seemed more chilled when things happened that would normally tip me over the edge, I felt irritable and less anxious. Thanks for your suggestions guys. Oh! And I bought the spray :encouragement:

Lloyd
13th December 2017, 17:28
Ahhh, rescue remedy, my go-to friend at this time of year. It just makes life a little easier. I see they do a vitamin and rescue remedy combined now.

Staci
6th April 2018, 12:01
A friend recently gave me some rescue remedy, and I was a bit sceptical,but found the rescue remedy to be a real god send. This stuff should be available on the NHS instead of anxiety tablets.

If you suffer from irritability, anxiety, stress this is your go to friend.

Freespirit
21st July 2020, 10:08
I suffer from anxiety and depression and these flower remedies do nothing at all. I think they are marketed as being a treatment for people like me and they cannot help someone who is clinically depressed in my opinion.

Joolz
22nd July 2020, 17:50
I suffer from anxiety and depression and these flower remedies do nothing at all. I think they are marketed as being a treatment for people like me and they cannot help someone who is clinically depressed in my opinion.
I agree with you I think they are for very mild anxiety maybe for a job interview or something that you might be nervous about but not for clinical depression

Rainbow
23rd July 2020, 17:35

I’m not sure they are for clinical depression, isn’t that a hormonal imbalance, rather than an emotional upset?

Joolz
23rd July 2020, 19:00
I’m not sure they are for clinical depression, isn’t that a hormonal imbalance, rather than an emotional upset?
It’s a chemical imbalance in the brain rather than a hormone imbalance. They don’t claim to be for clinical depression but I certainly think they are marketed as something that can be used for anxiety and personally they don’t work for me.

Jackie361
2nd August 2020, 18:55
My must have remedy when I am in a stressful situation, a couple of drops on the tongue and I feel calmer

Katie
3rd September 2020, 18:17
I always have my little bottle in my bag, it’s great

Ruthie
15th September 2020, 17:29
I think if you have mild anxiety and some situations make you nervous then Bach Flower Remedies are excellent

GretaSundberg
11th October 2020, 07:43
This has become my shining light during these last few months. I am finding the constant fear tactics that are leaked out of the MSM too stressful daily and this is not helping my mental state or my waist line for that matter!

Rescue remedy has become my go to friend and although I can not explain how it works, I can confirm that it does work, it helps me cope with everything. It seems to just take the edge off my anxiety level.

Pippa
10th December 2020, 17:23
I know I’m resurrecting an old thread, but I’ve recently undertaken an exam and felt very stressed about it during the run up to it, I took rescue remedy spray as the day looked and I can honestly say it made a major difference, it enable me to cope. The anxiety didn’t completely go, but I felt able to get through it.

I don’t really care how it works, placebo or not, or works and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a gentle support through a Anxious time. I will add, it is really for anxiety not depression.

Caree
12th December 2020, 11:38
It is good stuff, certainly for moments of anxiety. I’m not sure how it holds up for people suffering with chronic anxiety.

Louise
6th January 2024, 11:22
Flower essences do a rescue remedy for night to promote sleep for those insomniacs out there who struggle with active minds at bed time.