PDA

View Full Version : My kinesiology experience

Louise
15th February 2017, 17:54
Intrigued by the art of healing, I arranged a session to see how I feel about it, and whether it works for me.

Firstly, what I can take away from this session is the understanding that all practitioners work slightly differently. My practitioner made me feel totally relaxed and explained the process to me. Prior to my treatment I filled in the health questionaire which was quite indepth. This is to help see where changes can be made to benefit the individual.

During the session the practitioner disclosed information which surprised me due its accuracy. From this information a plan of care can be made to benefit you, mine included areas of food, supplementation, and spiritual, for example meditation.

The practitioner touched only my wrist, head and hand, I was fully clothed and felt at peace. I was asked to keep an open, blank mind, which surprisingly I managed to do, which in itself is a miracle.

I have booked another session and I look forward to further insights. I wont pretend to know or understand the skill behind this technique, it is however mind blowing and a revelation in health care.

Rainbow
22nd February 2017, 12:26
Hi Louise, thank you for your post, its good to hear real experiences. I have to admit I do get a bit sceptical about this type of healthcare. Can you tell me, is the practitioner talking to your spirit/consciousness?

Yogi001
23rd February 2017, 16:04
I have to admit I understand very little about this therapy, only that it tests muscles. I don't understand how gently touching someones wrist can provide them with the information that they have provided you with. I think its amazing that therapy can work, and how wonderful that our bodies can talk to us in such a way.

I wish I could understand more about this interesting therapy.

Louise
4th March 2017, 06:29
Hi Louise, thank you for your post, its good to hear real experiences. I have to admit I do get a bit sceptical about this type of healthcare. Can you tell me, is the practitioner talking to your spirit/consciousness?

From my limited understanding about this amazing therapy, I believe it is the unconscious self that is tapped into. I don't think the therapists here/see voices, it is just the subtle movements of muscles that convey the answers to the therapist. Some therapists are really obvious about how they go about their work, but others, such as my therapist, are very subtle.

There are are some great videos on you tube for nutritional muscle testing. This will give you a better idea, and you'll find yourself mesmerised.

Louise
12th May 2017, 11:04
As time has gone on, and I have continued on my journey of Kinesiology, I have come to realise this form of therapy is unlike any other I have experienced. It is a deep and permanent healing of the soul and body.

I have no doubt everyone will have their own experiences, but fundamentally it deals with the root cause of your problems and aims to heal you from within. Where as the more common forms of medicine i.e, G.P's, Hospitals and over the counter drugs have a tendency to treat the symptoms.

I think it would be fair to say this therapy takes you on a journey.

Kellyjames
17th May 2017, 09:00
It sounds fascinating, however it works. Is there an element of the 'power of suggestion' involved?

I have recently got my hands on a book called 'Medical Medium', it is also an interesting read and the author also speaks about tapping into the unconscious and reading the soul of an individual. Whether you believe it or not, you have to wonder that there can not be many people out there with such a skill. This surely would make your practitioner unique.

Esme
23rd June 2017, 07:41
It sounds fascinating, however it works. Is there an element of the 'power of suggestion' involved?

I have recently got my hands on a book called 'Medical Medium', it is also an interesting read and the author also speaks about tapping into the unconscious and reading the soul of an individual. Whether you believe it or not, you have to wonder that there can not be many people out there with such a skill. This surely would make your practitioner unique.

I have this book and found myself having a debate all the way though it, wanting so badly to believe it and Yet finding myself arguing that it can't be possible. By the time I finished I had come to the decision that the book did absolutely no harm, so why not accept it for what it is. Ultimately the book highlights the importance of natural foods to our health.

What makes this books interesting that it comes from the angle that 'spirit' told him this. I think it is easy to dismiss this type of thinking as 'hippy' thinking etc, but maybe there is something in it, maybe it is true. What harm would it do to have a go?

Rachael
23rd June 2017, 20:06
I think there has been a long held belief that we all have a conscious and a sub-conscious. However, that's probably where our understanding begins and ends. The conscious or ego as it sometimes known seems to be our outward, known side, the one that makes the decisions, judges you, makes you self aware. Where as our subcious is the gut feelings we have, the intuition, the 'just knowing'.

In today's world we are too busy living in the past or the future to have the time to live in the 'now', and so we don't have time to stop and listen to our inner voice. Kinesiology gives you that opportunity, it taps into our sub-conscious self.

CristineMichaud
28th June 2017, 20:33
But why not just ask the person? Can the subconscious over-ride the conscious? Can the conscious influence or control the information the conscious gives?

How is the information given? How can the muscles tell you things?

Rainbow
3rd July 2017, 17:15
If this therapy can interact with the bodies subconscious then it has the ability to be very powerful and do great things, so why isn't it more common place?

Louise
11th July 2017, 15:19
If this therapy can interact with the bodies subconscious then it has the ability to be very powerful and do great things, so why isn't it more common place?

It does Rainbow, you are exactly right, it can be a very powerful tool in helping you gain and maintain your physical and mental health.

Why is it not more common place? because it is seen as alternative and anything that is alternative is always viewed with some scepticism, the pharmacology aspect of medicine has put us in a position that we have to prove everything, and if it can not be proved then it means it must not work. Yet that is only one aspect of the story. To prove something costs millions of pounds. it is not good enough for people to say 'it worked for me' and in my opinion some things go beyond scientific proof.

For me, I have the attitude of what harm can it do? can I afford to practice and see if it works? if I can then I am open to anything, and have always been pleasantly surprised.

phuongcwk
2nd January 2018, 16:59
Hi. I think that it's a case of lack of exposure, as is the case with all natural or alternative therapies. Change is, unfortunately, very slow. I think it can be very intimidating to use therapies that are not standard for the public. There is so very little information available to the public about natural therapies and people are naturally skeptical. Good news is alternative therapies or complimentary, natural modalities are gaining more and more popularity.

Staci
26th January 2018, 12:18
I agree with you, however only just yesterday I noticed a headline in a national paper about the dangers of herbal medicines and their effects on our health. A statement I personally find shocking when you consider the well documented damage to our health from prescribed medicines.

I do think as society is becoming sicker despite conventional medicine people are searching for alternatives to aid their health.

Holley
16th February 2018, 12:13
I have not experienced this type of therapy, but do understand the theory behind it. I am interested in all things alternative to the current system of health, as I feel we are very reactive in our approach to health care in general, but also towards our own health and wellbeing.

I do feel there is a general shift towards a more proactive lifestyle and there is a small collective that is pushing against mainstream therapies and choosing to look outside of the box for more effective, less invasive therapies.

I do think that alternative therapies will always be slow to take off and become more mainstream and I believe this is partly due to the fact that as a general rule they are self funded therapies. Which will always be a sticking block for alternative therapies to become widely known and accepted. Consumers are used to free health care, I would be interested to hear whether something like kinesiology is more widely accepted, understood and used in countries where healthcare is not free at the point of use, in America for example.