PDA

View Full Version : Legalising Cannabis

Dale42
21st November 2016, 19:55
I see that a few MP's are pushing for the legal selling of cannabis, suggesting the sale will help raise much needed tax for the country, and helping to reduce the drug problem.

There are, of course well documented health benefits to cannabis, but are the benefits for the few outweighed by the drug abuse, long term mental health issues associated with cannabis use, and the potential for requirement to seek stronger drugs worth the risks of legalising it?

Daisy82
21st November 2016, 21:52
It seems there is strong support for the medical use of cannabis, just not for recreational use.

I think if there is strong evidence for its use in medicine then it should be available.

sophie
22nd November 2016, 08:34
So what are the benefits for medical use? Surely, if there are recommendations for medical use it will be already be available, wouldn't it?

Teri23
22nd November 2016, 08:52
I see there is some evidence to suggest that cannabis can slow down cancer tumours, if this is the case it should be readily available. Why has it not been treated like any other drug? Just because it is abused shouldn't mean it should not be available for the greater good.

Yogi001
24th November 2016, 07:16
Cannabis has been shown to be beneficial for lung cancer.

CharlieH
24th November 2016, 13:07
I have to admit, I never realised there are health benefits. I just thought that what people said while trying to justify their habit! ;)

Yogi001
24th November 2016, 13:19
There are loads of benefits, including treating depression and to help with coming off addictions, which seems ironic.

John B
24th November 2016, 19:31
I thought cannabis causes hallucinations, anxiety, addiction, paranoia amongst many other things. So how do you weigh the pro's and cons?

love2shop
25th November 2016, 20:59
I'm sure there are health benefits, but I think legalising cannabis is a slippery slope to more, stronger drugs.

Gwen Jones
18th May 2017, 19:39
Have you seen the latest Lib dems campaign? They are going to legalise cannabis to raise taxes to help pay for front line services! REALLY!

Is that what we have come to now? What makes him/them think that sudden the black market will dry up? Surely people will continue to get their drugs from their supplier than from the local shop where VAT has been added to the price!!! Unbelievable!

Dale42
19th May 2017, 11:47
Have you seen the latest Lib dems campaign? They are going to legalise cannabis to raise taxes

I'm genuinely saddened to see this headline. There has been a debate running for many years regarding the safety of legalising cannabis, and rightly so. All avenues of pro's and con's shoud be considered. But, to just legalise it purely raise benefits if unforgivable. Surely we should look at where all the money raised is going and whether it would be better spent elsewhere.

CharlieH
20th May 2017, 14:42
Do the Lib Dems have any credibility as a party? It seems their policies are just about sound bites.

Esme
31st May 2017, 21:38
Have you seen that video on web showing 'Larry' who suffers from Parkinson's? He has terrible shakes, tries cannabis and his spasms improve dramatically.

Watching that video it is hard to dispute the medicinal importance of this drug, there are cases where this drug offers great health benefits.

Louise
1st June 2017, 19:49
Have you seen that video on web showing 'Larry' who suffers from Parkinson's? He has terrible shakes, tries cannabis and his spasms improve dramatically.

Watching that video it is hard to dispute the medicinal importance of this drug, there are cases where this drug offers great health benefits.

HI Esme,

I think this is the video you are referring to. Larry has great relief from his symptoms from the us of medicinal cannabis.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zNT8Zo_sfwo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tanya
2nd June 2017, 07:29
Great result for Larry, but what was that he used? Is the same cannabis off the street? Or is it a controlled version used specifically for medicine?

Megan
2nd June 2017, 10:50
Cannabis is not recognised as having therapeutic value according to the law in England and Wales, however under certain conditions you can get a drug called Sativex (http://www.release.org.uk/law/uks-law-medical-cannabis), which is a cannabis based product and can help those people with spasms.

Rainbow
8th June 2017, 20:59
It will be interesting to see if the document-series changes the laws in the U.K.

Ignorance and fear has kept cannabis from being legalised, this fear is spread by those in the industry that have a lot to lose with cannabis being legalised.

CharlieH
10th June 2017, 19:45
Do the Lib Dems have any credibility as a party? It seems their policies are just about sound bites.

I've changed my view on this since seeing that docu-series. It certainly makes you question the efficacy of cannabis as a medicine.
I suppose if it were to be legalised it would make medicinal cannabis more readily available.

cbdoil
17th July 2018, 16:49
I use cannabis oil to treat my anxiety and panick attacks and personally as many other people I found it very beneficial when other medicines fail. Is not only good to relieve anxiety but for many other health conditions like parkinsons', cancer, epilepsy.

If could be interesting to anyone here, I will share this link where I started with cbd oil https://www.cbdoil.bio

I hope it can help other people as well as it did to me.

Jane

ClaudetteBenner
17th July 2018, 17:45
I use cannabis oil to treat my anxiety and panick attacks and personally as many other people I found it very beneficial when other medicines fail. Is not only good to relieve anxiety but for many other health conditions like parkinsons', cancer, epilepsy.

I don’t think it will long before the medicinal use of cannabis becomes available. The problem is that many people confuse recreational cannabis with medicinal, I see that a lot in the media. It is for this reason there is such opposition to it.

Louise
1st November 2018, 09:59
I think it is wonderful to see that medicinal cannabis has been legalised in the U.K. today. A big step forward for the U.K. and exciting to see that the power of plants is being recognised.

Although I have no doubt that big pharma will get hold of this and run with it. Still, it’s a positive step in the right direction.

Louise
2nd November 2018, 10:19
Here is the link form the BBC, I think this is a great step forward. But it is important for the correct education to get out highlighting the difference between street cannabis and medicinal.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-46045487

Laura
2nd November 2018, 19:08
I think big pharma already has a hold of it and that is why Is has now been allowed to pass through parliament.

Harrison
6th November 2018, 07:00
I should imagine there are a fair few hoops a person needs to jump through to get their hands on this stuff!

Teal
8th November 2018, 09:01
I should imagine there are a fair few hoops a person needs to jump through to get their hands on this stuff!

I think initially you are right, but given time this will become much more mainstream. Here is a great link I found on Green Med Info.
http://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/medical-cannabis-superior-opioids-chronic-pain-study-finds