PDA

View Full Version : Reiki experience

Kellyjames
10th November 2016, 20:28
Has anyone tried Reiki, I am interested in this 'hands on healing' but, I'm not sure if it is an expensive 'chill out' session or whether there really is something in it.

I would be interested to hear from someone who has experienced it.

Caree
12th November 2016, 12:30
I did try this once, and came away feeling very relaxed and calm. But I cant honestly say, it did much else. If I had lay in the room, listening to the music and smelt the lovely incense, would I come away equally relaxed? who knows.

Gwen Jones
24th November 2016, 20:19
Well, I had my first session a week ago. I didn't go with a specific ailment in mind, but a general overall wellbeing benefit.

I went being a mixture of sceptical and hopeful in one, and came away feeling very relaxed and calm. I think it was the calmness that was the most intense feeling. It wasn't like have a massage, but a different type of relaxation, almost like a peace came over me, and this did last for some time. It is too early (being only one session) to say if I had any health benefits.

I would go again, and then decide if it is for me in the long run.

Mummy2Two
28th November 2016, 20:33
isn't it a lot of money just to feel relaxed? why dont you just turn your bedroom into a mini relaxation room, music, candles, nice smells etc, and just lie down in some warm covers for 1 hour, you will wake feel refreshed and vibrant, and better off.

Tom32
30th November 2016, 17:03
I've seen you tube videos showing you how to become a reiki practitioner in 10 minutes:rolleyes:

Doesn't that suggest it is a bit of a gimmick?

Jade26
30th November 2016, 21:59
Isn't it about energy fields?

Alison66
7th January 2017, 21:10
I've booked my first session:applouse:

I have pondered on the idea of this therapy for a while now, but my belief in its ability to work has waxed and waned a bit. But after reading a book about energies, I have finally come to the belief that it has the possibility to work. Maybe belief is all you need!

I'll feed back to you about my experience.

Gwen Jones
14th January 2017, 18:21
Well, I had my first session a week ago. I didn't go with a specific ailment in mind, but a general overall wellbeing benefit.

I went being a mixture of sceptical and hopeful in one, and came away feeling very relaxed and calm. I think it was the calmness that was the most intense feeling. It wasn't like have a massage, but a different type of relaxation, almost like a peace came over me, and this did last for some time. It is too early (being only one session) to say if I had any health benefits.

I would go again, and then decide if it is for me in the long run.

I'm currently on a bit of a health kick at the moment, so along with some other changes in my life, I decided to give Reiki another go, and post Christmas, I'm so pleased I did, I do feel a real sense of calm post visits. I still think it's too early and maybe too subtle to say I feel healed, and that maybe due to the fact I just wanted to feel well, in tip top condition.

Daisy82
23rd January 2017, 20:55
Exactly how is it meant to affect our health?

Kellyjames
23rd February 2017, 16:11
Hi Daisy82, We are all beings of energy that flows, sometimes this energy gets stuck for numerous reasons. Reiki, much like acupuncture is about allowing the flow of energy by clearing away the stagnant areas causing us problems. Reiki practitioners are not healers in themselves, they are channels in which the universal energy can pass to help re-energise us and clear away problems.

This is why they don't have to touch you (hands off) therapy, they are feeling for changes in your energy, using different techniques they then clear your energy.

Gwen Jones
23rd February 2017, 16:24
I found this explanation, I hope it helps.

'Life force flows within the physical body though pathways called chakras, meridians and nadis. It also flows around us in a field of energy called the aura. ... Reiki heals by flowing through the affected parts of the energy field and charging them with positive energy'

Kitkat
17th May 2017, 10:01
I think the belief in the therapy goes a long way in achieving a success rate.

Dale42
19th May 2017, 11:23
I think the belief in the therapy goes a long way in achieving a success rate.

I think that could be said for all therapies and medicine. In fact a lot of medical drug companies rely on the power of the mind to improve the effectiveness of their drugs.

Alison66
22nd May 2017, 10:57
Fresh off the reiki table and I feel wonderful, albeit different from my last experience. One thing to note is that every experience is different, which means it is different for everyone. The actual treatment will run along the same lines, it is the experience that you feel during and after the session that changes.

Last time I felt rejuvenated, energetic, with boundless energy. This time I have not experienced that, however, I do feel calm and rested, like I have had a wonderful holiday.

I actually think it is better than a massage because when you have a massage the feeling seems to go quite quickly, but with reiki it lingers for hours and sometimes days afterwards, its subtle, but its there.:o

Tanya
22nd May 2017, 16:27
I actually think it is better than a massage because when you have a massage the feeling seems to go quite quickly, but with reiki it lingers for hours and sometimes days afterwards, its subtle, but its there.:o

If they don't touch you, what is the sensation that lingers for hours? Because with massage, it is the relaxing hands on muscle release that you still feel afterwards.

Esme
26th May 2017, 14:35
If they don't touch you, what is the sensation that lingers for hours? Because with massage, it is the relaxing hands on muscle release that you still feel afterwards.

It's the movement of your energy, we are all electrical beings, and our moods can be affected by changes in the energy around us. Reiki lifts that energy and clears stagnant energy, helping your own energy to flow. It is that flow of energy that makes us feel calmer, happier.

lifesaball
1st June 2017, 16:37
Can it heal you? Or is it all about making you feel relaxed?

Kellyjames
19th June 2017, 19:56
The honest answer to that question 'can it heal you' (based on my own opinion and experience), is yes, I believe it can. It seems to have healed issues I have had both physically and emotionally. I don't really know how it does what it does, but it works.

And the best bit, it does it completely naturally with the added bonus of feeling very relaxed and calm. I would recommend this therapy to everyone.

cherry
21st June 2017, 21:16
The honest answer to that question 'can it heal you' (based on my own opinion and experience), is yes, I believe it can. It seems to have healed issues I have had both physically and emotionally. I don't really know how it does what it does, but it works.

And the best bit, it does it completely naturally with the added bonus of feeling very relaxed and calm. I would recommend this therapy to everyone.

Maybe it's because you want it to heal you, so you have talked yourself into being healed, therefore realistically you have healed yourself.

guv-ner
22nd June 2017, 21:20
Maybe it's because you want it to heal you, so you have talked yourself into being healed, therefore realistically you have healed yourself.

Healing is healing, does it matter how it is done?

Kellyjames
22nd June 2017, 21:47

I understand your point, but I have willed myself 'healed' for many years to no avail, but Reiki made the difference.

Kellyjames
22nd June 2017, 21:49
Healing is healing, does it matter how it is done?

I agree, mind over matter is not a bad thing. But, in this case, it was the therapy. Maybe my belief in the therapy helped, but it was not the main catalyst to my healing.

sophie
23rd June 2017, 20:35
I've heard the practitioners hands get really hot, is this true?

Kellee
3rd July 2017, 18:02
I've heard the practitioners hands get really hot, is this true?

when ever I have gone the practitioners hands have started off cold when she starts at my head, but by the time she has done one sweep of my body and then back to my head, her hands are really hot, and bare in mind she is not touching me, I can feel the heat radiating off her hands.

LucyBanning
11th July 2017, 15:41
If they don't touch you, what is the sensation that lingers for hours?

There is a sense of calmness that prevails over you both inwardly and outwardly. I have to admit having tried it, I do find it very difficult to explain the experience on a deeper level. It is just a feeling that it is doing good and working on your energy.

If there are any doubters, just go, give it a try, the worst that can happen is that you have lost some money and an hour of your time. saying that you will still feel relaxed and calm and ready to take on the day.

Daisy82
18th July 2017, 11:37
You guys got me so curious about this I went and had a session, my first session and I can see why there seems a difficulty in describing the effect.

It is very relaxing, lying there while someone gently moves around you, nice smells and calming music, but that's not it. I came away feeling immensely calm almost like an internal calmness and it stayed with me for days.

It's weird, you can't put your finger on what it has done, but you know it has done something and you know you want more of it.

Gymbunny
1st December 2017, 19:18
Have you guys got shares in Reiki? You’ve sold me an experience of it, so I’ll be putting it on my xmas list.

Freespirit
21st July 2020, 10:04
I have had a few sessions and I think there are some rogue practitioners out there that are doing nothing but pretending to heal you but you can tell the difference with a genuine reiki practitioner as there is a heat that comes from their hands and a feeling of energy shifting. I suffer from depression and yes the environment has a calming effect but the following day I can really feel the benefits and change in my mood. I don’t understand it but done right it does work.

Ruthie
30th August 2020, 10:08
Ooooh reiki is the most wonderful experience if you are stressed or anxious. It feels so relaxing and if you don’t like someone touching you it’s even better. My reiki practitioner has the cosiest blanket and the room smells beautiful. It also addresses all the hidden stresses :love_heart:

Alice
19th October 2020, 16:41
I have had a couple of reiki sessions and it was very calming and I was shocked to find it incredibly emotional. I cried a lot afterwards so I think it released some bottled up feelings and was such a positive experience that I highly recommend