PDA

View Full Version : weight loss tips

J-jay
9th November 2016, 16:01
My first thread, I thought I would start with an easy one.

My weight loss tip is walking, and lots of it. Any sort of walking, most people can do it, and any fitness level. You'll find that very quickly you build up stamina, strength, lung capacity and feel the weight come off.

Make the walks interesting, do different walks, follow known walking routes, or join a walking group. The weight will drop off effortlessly, and your body shape will change. :encouragement:

over the hill
9th November 2016, 19:07
keep a diary of what you eat for the first couple of weeks, maybe the week before you start dieting and a couple of weeks after.
It helps you to see where your problem areas are, and makes you realise how much you actually do eat.

Gwen Jones
9th November 2016, 19:55
Drink a large glass of water 30 minutes before eating your meal, this will help you to eat less, by making you feel full quicker.

John B
10th November 2016, 14:49
Make sure the most of your food come from vegetables, and eat these first, filling you up. You're less likely to over eat and the less beneficial foods. (works for me:encouragement:)

Louise
11th November 2016, 23:13
Some great tips:encouragement:

As a general rule I would say that balancing out your blood sugar levels if fundamental to Weightloss. Eating a balanced plant based diet will keep you feeling satiated for longer.

Debbie
12th November 2016, 11:03
Hi
Is this plenty of fruit and veg,I get a very bloated tummy x

Yogi001
12th November 2016, 12:10
Hi Debbie, I see this is your first post, welcome.

A plant based diet, one that consists of fruit, vegetables, pulses, whole grains, nuts and seeds is most beneficial, although I hear that a lot of people complain of getting a bloated tummy after eating these foods, this may be due to many reasons, for example, IBS, food combining and poor digestion.

Daisy82
12th November 2016, 15:49
Hi Debbie,

Have you tried Aloe Vera juice? its amazing for sorting out that bloating. ;)

J-jay
13th November 2016, 19:05
Another top tip, eat slowly. Allow the time for the stomach to talk to the brain. The slower you eat the less you eat before your stomach realises you're full.

John B
17th November 2016, 21:56
My top tip....reduce your reliance on processed food

Yogi001
17th November 2016, 22:10
Watch a diet movie while lying naked in the bath. :encouragement:

Jade26
19th November 2016, 18:26
Don't eat low fat foods, all you are doing is replacing the fat with sugar.:encouragement:

sophie
21st November 2016, 21:30
Don't drink diet fizzy drinks, they just make you want to eat more.

lucymc
12th January 2017, 13:51
My favorite treat is avocado, which could contribute well for my diet. I know that there is a research divided participants into two groups. The first consumed a meal with avocados while in the meal of the other group, there was no avocado.Researchers started to pose questions about satiety and hunger to both groups. The first group who consumed avocados was less eager for foods by 28 percent in the 5-hour period. Moreover, the high content of fiber and low amount of carbs in avocados contribute to weight loss as well. So if you wanna lose weight, please try it. ;)

John B
13th January 2017, 20:54
My favorite treat is avocado, which could contribute well for my diet. I know that there is a research divided participants into two groups. The first consumed a meal with avocados while in the meal of the other group, there was no avocado.Researchers started to pose questions about satiety and hunger to both groups. The first group who consumed avocados was less eager for foods by 28 percent in the 5-hour period. Moreover, the high content of fiber and low amount of carbs in avocados contribute to weight loss as well. So if you wanna lose weight, please try it. ;)

I put avocado in my smoothie some mornings, is it the fat content that satiates the hunger?

Louise
15th January 2017, 17:04
Protein is known to keep hunger at bay, it may be worth considering snacking of nuts and seeds mid afternoon just to keep you going until your evening meal.

Don't forget we often eat when we are thirsty. Maximise your fluid intake throughout the day to reduce your chance of over eating.

Daisy82
20th February 2017, 11:34
Try drinking red clover tea, make a habit of this healthy wild food by drinking it up to three times a day. The alkaloids work alongside the amino acids to break up and reduce stored-up unnecessary fat, enabling it to be flushed out of the body.

Caree
17th May 2017, 16:10
Home-made soups are really helpful at filling you up and satisfying your hunger for many hours. I refer to home-made over shop bought soups, because you can control the contents and ensure you are reducing fat and cutting out sugar, plus no chemicals are added.

There are some great easy recipes available online and now there are soup makers to buy that make that job even more simple, quick and easy. Once you make your first ever soup and realise how easy and cheap it is to make, there will be no stopping you. You'll find this a great choice in your weight loss battle.

I personally try to avoid bread, because while I love it, it doesn't love me and one bowl of soup is not enough to sustain me, so I have two bowls and skip the bread. :encouragement:

Susan Poche
27th July 2017, 18:30
Make the bulk of your diet fruits and veg in their whole form.

Predominantly vegetables, some grain for bulk and to fill you up and keep you sustained. Doing this and sticking to this will help you shed the weight and leave you less likely to snack.

Marna Thall
14th August 2017, 05:37
My top tip: Stop Dieting and eat natural foods and eat at regular interval and keep in mind your calorie intake. Exercise 45 minutes daily.

Emma
27th November 2017, 15:29
The best weightless tip I have ever had was from a YouTube Fitness Vloger named Brian Keane (https://briankeanefitness.com), I have been struggling for ages trying to build some muscle and reduce my body fat with no real benefit despite my best efforts. Feeling very jaded over the whole thing and feeling the need to give up and eat cake I came across this Youtube video where Brian Keane said always lift weights first, then do your cardio, this will help to burn fat and keep you in a fat burning mode for hours afterwards.

Having nothing to lose I gave it a try and the next day I had reduced my body fat percentage by 2% by doing the same routine that I have always done, just in a different order. Wow!

Such a simple change, but so effective. :jb:

Lidia
27th November 2017, 17:16
The best weightless tip I have ever had.......Having nothing to lose I gave it a try and the next day I had reduced my body fat percentage by 2% by doing the same routine that I have always done, just in a different order

So you didn't change anything else other than do your weights first then cardio and your body fat dropped by 2% overnight? no change in diet, more weights, cardio?

Emma
27th November 2017, 19:14
So you didn't change anything else other than do your weights first then cardio and your body fat dropped by 2% overnight? no change in diet, more weights, cardio?

Yes, that’s right Lidia, I didn’t change anything, I just switched the timing of the exercise. I do about 60-90 mins weights and 30 minutes of cardio.

Emma
30th November 2017, 14:48
Here is the proof of how this tip has changed my fat burning ability. The variation of fat % is due to pre and post work out weight loss. The graph shows just under 8% (7.7% to be precise) body fat loss in 5 days!! :jb:

Harry
30th November 2017, 15:45
Here is the proof of how this tip has changed my fat burning ability. The variation of fat % is due to pre and post work out weight loss. The graph shows just under 8% (7.7% to be precise) body fat loss in 5 days!! :jb:

Wow! that is impressive! I wouldn't have believed a change in order of exercise could make that much difference. Im impressed.

Emma
30th November 2017, 15:56
Heres the tip from the man himself, with an explanation of how it works.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/h2CcJNGEuf8" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

john1
17th July 2018, 11:56
Eat a high-protein breakfast to lose weight and avoid sugary drinks

Alison66
17th July 2018, 13:24
Eat a high-protein breakfast to lose weight and avoid sugary drinks

I agree with you entirely, especially with the sugary drinks, these are the devil in disguise.

Chanel5
2nd August 2020, 19:36
I have found that you lose weight if you eat normally up to 6pm but then eat nothing after that. Calorie counting is very successful if you are good with that kind of thing

Phoebe
4th August 2020, 05:51
I have found that you lose weight if you eat normally up to 6pm but then eat nothing after that. Calorie counting is very successful if you are good with that kind of thing

I disagree about calorie counting and there is more evidence to suggest that this is a dangerous way to diet as it leads to obsessive behaviours and malnutrition.

Joolz
4th August 2020, 11:07
Convenience foods are full of salt, sugar and fat but quick and easy to eat so unless you have time to prepare a balanced meal to keep weight off

Wills42
25th August 2020, 10:23
My first thread, I thought I would start with an easy one.

My weight loss tip is walking, and lots of it. Any sort of walking, most people can do it, and any fitness level. You'll find that very quickly you build up stamina, strength, lung capacity and feel the weight come off.

Make the walks interesting, do different walks, follow known walking routes, or join a walking group. The weight will drop off effortlessly, and your body shape will change. :encouragement:

My doctor told me that walking will tone your legs but you won’t lose weight unless you run as you need the blood to pump around your heart, cardiovascular exercise is best

jkkndh
23rd September 2023, 07:26
Solid weight loss tips! Remember, consistency and patience are key to achieving and maintaining your fitness goals. Stay committed!
Eat whole foods.

1.Control portions.
2.Stay hydrated.
3.Prioritize protein.
4.Exercise regularly.
5.Get enough sleep.
6.Manage stress.
7.Seek professional guidance

stayenergies
24th October 2023, 17:20
great tips, simply walking is the most effective advice. being active throughout the day is effective like doing exercise for 1 hour.

stayenergies
24th October 2023, 17:25
If anyone wants to get back into shape then following a healthy lifestyle and eating the right food is a must. The problem comes with knowing what the right food is to eat. This is where the plethora of information is contradictory and confusing.