PDA

View Full Version : Hair removal

love2shop
3rd November 2016, 23:20
Has anyone any experience, or know anyone who has the Phillips Lumea? it is a gadget that uses IPL technology to reduce unwanted hair on the body and face.

It is expensive at about £350, I would love to have some feedback on whether it is worth the money.

I have paid for laser in the past and found it successful, but you have to maintain it and it works out expensive.

Dannij
7th November 2016, 16:23
My mother has one of these, albeit the older generation, I believe there are new models now. She thinks it is great, and enjoys the fact she can take some control over her hair problems.
She now has baby smooth armpits.

love2shop
8th November 2016, 12:30
Thanks Dannij for the reply, is it painful? And what time frame can you declare you are fuzz free?

lifesaball
8th November 2016, 13:59
It seems very expensive for something to remove hair, surely there are cheaper ways to de-fuzz. What are the long term affects of IPL on skin? :ambivalence:

Daisy82
9th November 2016, 19:43
My dentist had a hair laser therapist. I gave it a try, but it wasn't for me, I found it expensive, painful and not that successful.
I felt like I had been flicked with a rubber band multiple times. stick with shaving it's far cheaper and less painful.

Teri23
10th November 2016, 08:34
Have you looked for second hand versions on eBay? This may be a way of giving it a go without the outlay.

Rainbow
7th January 2017, 21:32
Why don't you buy one and rent it out for mini sessions to friends? That way you'll get some money back and your friends are getting a very cheap therapy without the outlay?

Louise
6th June 2017, 19:22
Has anyone any experience, or know anyone who has the Phillips Lumea? it is a gadget that uses IPL technology to reduce unwanted hair on the body and face.

It is expensive at about £350, I would love to have some feedback on whether it is worth the money.

I have paid for laser in the past and found it successful, but you have to maintain it and it works out expensive.

Hi, Did you buy the Phillips lumea (http://www.philips.co.uk/c-m-pe/hair-removal/lumea-ipl) in the end?

over the hill
9th June 2017, 12:28
There seems to be a lot of these on the market now, but it seems you have to have dark hair, but not dark skinned for the product to be successful.

love2shop
11th June 2017, 17:30
Hi, Did you buy the Phillips lumea (http://www.philips.co.uk/c-m-pe/hair-removal/lumea-ipl) in the end?

I went with Rainbow's idea in the end, I now own one and my friends pop over and share it for a small fee, this has help to recover some of the cost.

I have to say, it does work it gets rid of hair, BUT only for a few months, the areas you are working require a few top up session from time to time.
It's not painful and I would recommend anyone suffering with a hair problem to go out and buy one.

J-jay
17th June 2017, 08:35
Are these hair removal gadgets only for women's hair, or are they suitable for men too?

love2shop
18th June 2017, 20:20
Are these hair removal gadgets only for women's hair, or are they suitable for men too?

I don't see why not. I think the only thing you need to have is dark hair. I would imagine that men's hair may take longer to get rid of, just because of how dense it it. But it should work.

cherry
25th June 2017, 05:55
I paid a fortune over the years to be de-fuzzed with laser. My first session was about 15 years ago and it was so expensive, it was effective, but the hair returned slowly over the years. But th confidence it gave me was worth every penny.

These gadgets are expensive, but I think they are a worthwhile investment, and if you can share the gadget and spread the cost then even better. The gadget spends a lot of time not being used. If you can throw a monthly mini girly session and get everyone to chip in £10, you will soon chip into the cost.

This is one gadget I would highly recommend, but make sure you are buying from a reliable source to rule out a copy.