PDA

View Full Version : What is kinesiology?

Mummy2Two
2nd November 2016, 14:04
Hello, Excuse my ignorance, but what is Kinesiology and what does it treat?

Yogi001
2nd November 2016, 18:03
From what I understand, the Kinesiology therapist tests your muscles. The idea is that imbalances in your body show up in the muscles.

Kellyjames
3rd November 2016, 21:23
The idea is that imbalances in your body show up in the muscles.

That is much like acupuncture? So, how is it different, and what do they do when they find the imbalances?
Is it like in Chinese medicine where a pain in your shoulder is caused by a wonky foot, or something?:apologetic:

lifesaball
7th November 2016, 19:40
Kinesiology uses the same principles as Chinese acupuncture.

The body relies on energy flow and it uses this energy to structure itself and function. When there is an imbalance in this system the energy doesn't flow, leading to ill health and functional problems.

Ill health rarely occurs suddenly, there is usually a build-up of stress; that may be physical, mental or emotional, it is this that leads to an imbalance.

The healing effects of kinesiology can be cumulative and benefits can be experienced for day, weeks and even months following a session.

Jade26
19th November 2016, 18:22
I saw this and thought I would share it. I have not had kinesiology myself, but I have a friend who has, and believes strongly that it has helped her.
<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Z98Uc0xY4FQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Louise
24th November 2016, 21:28
I found this on You Tube and found it to be fascinating. See what you think.
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/kavGe3Q0e1A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Louise
24th November 2016, 21:30
....And this one, I am intrigued by this art form, and will definitely be trying this out to see how my own health can be benefit from it. I think it is all the fine hand'finger movements that have me compelled to find out more.
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QcYfp20yoH0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

CharlieH
25th November 2016, 08:37
Wow! I know what you mean Louise, I too became transfixed on the hand movements. It's very strange and while I can't possibly see how it works, on some level I find myself believing that it does work.

Did the women really feel some benefit, or did they feel they should say they did because of the environment they were in?

Louise
25th November 2016, 08:50
I do know what you mean CharlieH. What I will say is that during my Chiropractic treatment I had forms of kinesiology, and I used to laugh at the things the practitioner did, because visually they don't look like they would do anything, yet they worked a treat.

So, I believe away, until you can prove otherwise. :encouragement:

sophie
25th November 2016, 19:54
Okay, I appreciate those people who want to believe in this, but isn't this mind over matter? How can vials on a stomach tell the practitioner if the energy is improved because of them?

love2shop
25th November 2016, 20:57
I too had chiropractic treatment once and there was an element of this involved. It did work, although I see why an outsider looking in can think it can't work.

Do you have to have something wrong with you to have this treatment? Is it possible to have wellbeing treatments?

phuongcwk
2nd January 2018, 17:23
Okay, I appreciate those people who want to believe in this, but isn't this mind over matter? How can vials on a stomach tell the practitioner if the energy is improved because of them?

Hi. I'm a kinesiologist and have been practicing for the last 12 years. I get this question a lot! To answer simply, we turn to physics. All objects emit its own electromagnetic frequency, with the exception of objects at absolute zero. And because the human body is an open system, rather than closed (meaning it's constantly interacting with its environment) we can measure the body's response to different stimuli using neuro-reaction tests such as kinesiology or muscle testing.

phuongcwk
2nd January 2018, 17:32
I too had chiropractic treatment once and there was an element of this involved. It did work, although I see why an outsider looking in can think it can't work.

Do you have to have something wrong with you to have this treatment? Is it possible to have wellbeing treatments?

It is absolutely possible to have wellbeing treatments! It's preferred in fact!

Claire
2nd January 2018, 18:29
It is absolutely possible to have wellbeing treatments! It's preferred in fact!

What would be the point of wellbeing treatments? To keep the body in tip top condition? Can this therapy treat psychological ailments as well as physical?

phuongcwk
3rd January 2018, 10:44
What would be the point of wellbeing treatments? To keep the body in tip top condition? Can this therapy treat psychological ailments as well as physical?

I cannot speak for other practitioners, but for me as a kinesiologist, it's most exciting when your client can go from struggling with ailments (large and small) toward more groundedness and peace, growth and evolution on a personal level. The type of kinesiology that I practice does have a stress management element and through this I have seen clients transform their lives. Going from 'Surviving to Thriving' as we use to say in the clinic I worked ;)

Staci
26th January 2018, 12:14
I really like the concept of supporting and wellness. for too long our health system and our mentality has been focused on treating illness once it has occurred. It seems that the idea of preventing illness appears to be a new concept in Western society, although this has been a long held belief in Eastern society I believe.

Which I guess is where this therapy originates?