PDA

View Full Version : Healing the heart

Yogi001
29th October 2016, 05:53
Hey, has anyone heard about the latest proven benefits of yoga? Apparently, it can heal a diseased heart, I think that's amazing.
I think it is something to do with being in the moment.

I love yoga, and have found it very peaceful, almost like a meditation. Mentally and physically I have benefitted.

Louise
31st October 2016, 18:12
Hi Yogi001,

I am aware of the power of yoga, and have even dabbled myself, I have found it excellent for back pain. Do you know how it can heal a diseased heart?

Yogi001
4th November 2016, 13:34
Hi Louise,

I think it has to do with lowering stress levels, and the calming affects of yoga.

It helps to reduce blood pressure and reduce cholesterol.

Below is a pose that is good for everyone, a simple stretch, but is known to help lower blood pressure.
http://www.ocreurope.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/seated-head-to-knee-pose.jpg

Judy202
29th July 2020, 20:04
I use yoga as a way of unwinding and focusing on my inner core after a hard day working in hospital, it’s a time to breathe deeply and shit the madness of the world out

Mary03
1st August 2020, 19:33
I use yoga as a way of unwinding and focusing on my inner core after a hard day working in hospital, it’s a time to breathe deeply and shit the madness of the world out
Did you really mean to say “shit the madness out of the world out”? :jb:

Louise
1st August 2020, 19:49

I think the advice should stand, in the current climate, it seems quite apt :comfort:

Judy202
2nd August 2020, 18:58
My ex husband has had a heart attack today at the age of 51 so I hope there is a way using yoga to heal his heart

Bumblebee
23rd August 2020, 16:39
My ex husband has had a heart attack today at the age of 51 so I hope there is a way using yoga to heal his heart

How lovely that you want to heal your ex husbands heart :love_heart: